> Voting in the USA - 20 Amazing Facts

> by Angry Girl

> Nightweed.com

>

> Did you know....

> 1.      80% of all votes in America are counted by only two

> companies:  Diebold and ES&S.

> 2.      There is no federal agency with regulatory authority or

> oversight of the U.S. voting machine industry.

> 3.      The vice-president of Diebold and the president of ES&S are

> brothers.

> 4.      The chairman and CEO of Diebold is a major Bush campaign

> organizer and donor who wrote in 2003 that he was "committed to

> helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year."

> 5.      35% of ES&S is owned by Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, who

> became Senator based on votes counted by ES&S machines.

> 6.      Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, a long-time friend of the Bush

> family, was caught lying about his ownership of ES&S by the Senate

> Ethics Committee.

> 7.      Senator Chuck Hagel was on a short list of George W. Bush's

> vice-presidential candidates.

> 8.      ES&S is the largest voting machine manufacturer in the U.S.

> and counts almost 60% of all U.S. votes.

> 9.      Diebold's new touch screen voting machines have no paper trail

> of any votes.  In other words, there is no way to verify that the data

> coming out of the machine is the same as what was   legitimately put

> in by voters.

> 10.     Diebold also makes ATMs, checkout scanners, and ticket

> machines, all of which log each transaction and can generate a paper

> trail.

> 11.     Diebold is based in Ohio.

> 12.     Diebold employs 5 convicted felons as developers.  These are

> the people who write the voting machine computer code.

> 13.     Diebold's Senior Vice-President, Jeff Dean, was convicted of

> 23 counts of felony theft in the first degree.

> 14.     Diebold Senior Vice-President Jeff Dean was convicted of

> planting back doors in his software and using a "high degree of

> sophistication" to evade detection over a period of 2 years.

> 15.     None of the international election observers were allowed in

> the polls in Ohio.

> 16.     California banned the use of Diebold machines because the

> security was so bad.  Despite Diebold's claims that the audit logs

> could not be hacked, a chimpanzee was able to do it!

> 17.     30% of all U.S. votes are carried out on unverifiable touch

> screen voting machines with no paper trail.

> 18.     All -- not some -- but all the voting machine errors detected

> and reported in Florida went in favor of Bush or Republican

> candidates.

> 19.     Florida's governor, Jeb is Bush's brother.

> 20.     Major voting anomalies in Florida -- again always favoring

> Bush -- have been mathematically demonstrated and questioned by

> experts.

>

> The odds of some of these amazing voting anomalies were the equivalent

> of statistical miracles.  Was it God?  or was it Diebold...?

I knew most of that stuff, but I get so depressed when I think about it, I just shake my head and move on.

Besides, nobody likes "conspiracy theories" right? Yeah, everyone who finds that suspicious is a crazy misguided fool, right?

Also notice that most if not all of those facts are largely ignored by the media? Now, that should be surprising because the media isn’t exactly united.

Very very suspicious.

Perhaps we’ve been led to believe that the Democratic Party and the Republican Party are indeed two separate entities.

How about this crazy idea; they’re one whole loose unit that keeps all control of the U.S. in a predetermined bottle of phony competition.

Well, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was true at least.

, nobody likes "conspiracy theories" right? Yeah, everyone who finds that suspicious is a crazy misguided fool, right?

hah--you're generalising again. i love conspiracy theories. and i'm not a crazy misguided fool, i'm a crazy motherfucker. :lol:

oh come on! that shit is so obvious! :lol:

yep! lah dah dah...thwoopidy doop. :lol: (ps, i'm proud to say i never watched seinfeld but i take your word for it).

Subject: surprise, uncounted ballots turn up in wash state

- The election director in Seattle's King County said Monday that hundreds of absentee ballots were mistakenly rejected in the heavily Democratic stronghold - enough to swing the close governor's race to Democrat Christine Gregoire.

> AP Photo

A statewide hand recount is under way across Washington state after Republican Dino Rossi came out ahead of Gregoire by just 42 votes out of 2.9 million cast.

King County Elections Director Dean Logan said he will ask the county CanvassBoard on Wednesday to amend the results of the Nov. 2 election in his county. Agreement is likely; Logan has a seat on the three-person board, and one of the other members is a Democrat.

Logan said election workers mistakenly rejected 561 absentee ballots because they thought signatures on the ballots did not match original voter registration records.

However, he said that the signatures simply were not on file in the county's computerized voter registration system and that original registration records should have been checked.

"We need to correct the error and count those votes," Logan said in a statement.

One of the rejected ballots belonged to King County Council Chairman Larry Phillips, The Seattle Times reported

It's interesting how the Democrats always seem to find extra votes well after the election is over but only in "heavily Democratic" areas.

Thanks, Dude, for exposing their manufactured ballots and voter fraud. :good job:

I've never heard of a party monitoring voting booths to deny lawful people the right to cast their vote...until Florida and Ohio. Seems totalitarian to me and its disgusting

When I posted earlier I was figuring you would respond within 2 minutes. It took you 23. I was afraid something had happened to you. :lol:

But just for the record, I agree that they need to count the votes. It is a little disconcerting for them to find that many votes this long after the election. I don't see how they can misplace that many votes. They need to put some of these suckers in jail if they can prove fraud. If they can't prove fraud.......then they need to fire their ass for incompetence.

I find really strange that the last 2 elections were considered unreliable but nothing happened. The goverment is in place and the people don't do anything about it except make some "Jesusland" jokes and make anti-Bush pictures.

Look what happened in Ukraine. The result was suspicious, the people fought and now they won a new election yet the US and EU call their current goverment non-democratic.

You not only call your country democratic. You have to prove it too.

I find really strange that the last 2 elections were considered unreliable but nothing happened. The goverment is in place and the people don't do anything about it except make some "Jesusland" jokes and make anti-Bush pictures.

Look what happened in Ukraine. The result was suspicious, the people fought and now they won a new election yet the US and EU call their current goverment non-democratic.

You not only call your country democratic. You have to prove it too.

When the Republicans are in charge of every avenue of protest and action that the Democrats can legally turn to looking for justice, then nothing will happen to change the trend of corruption. The gullible and trusting American public has allowed a political monopoly to do anything they want. Until they vote out corrupt and incompetent office holders from both parties, the US will continue this spiral into medioctity that George Bush has initiated.

method, what kooperman so eloquently said above. i find it strange that the fucking goddamn mainstream US media paid more attention to the election in the Ukraine than they did to our own, but hey...i'm still naive. i also find it strange that people aren't wild in the streets (in the states), like i'd want to.

:lol: i love it when you're all deluded and shit. :lol:

FBI email embroils Bush in jail abuse

Correspondents in Washington

December 23, 2004

THE White House says it expects new documented accounts of torture at Guantanamo Bay to be "fully investigated", but has denied claims George W. Bush personally approved the use of abusive methods against detainees at the US prison camp.

Responding to documents obtained by the leading US civil liberties group, White house spokesman Scott McClellan said any allegations of torture had to be taken seriously.

"People need to be held accountable and brought to justice if they're involved in wrongdoing," he said.

"Preventive measures and corrective measures must be put in place to prevent it from happening again."

He rejected claims the US President had issued an order allowing inhuman interrogation methods against detainees in Iraq and elsewhere, saying there was "no executive order relating to interrogation techniques. When it comes to military detainees and interrogation methods, those are determinations made by the US Department of Defence".

But the American Civil Liberties Union released copies of a two-page FBI email dated May 22 that refers repeatedly to an executive order signed by Mr Bush which, according to the ACLU statement, "states the President directly authorised interrogation techniques including sleep deprivation, stress positions, the use of military dogs, and sensory deprivation through the use of hoods".

The FBI email was sent to a number of senior FBI officials from "On Scene Commander -- Baghdad". It states that the bureau had prohibited its agents from employing the techniques Mr Bush had authorised.

Other documents made public by the ACLU under freedom of information legislation include:

A heavily edited "Urgent Report" in June addressed to FBI director Robert Mueller, mentioning that an FBI agent "observed numerous physical abuse incidents of Iraqi civilian detainees", including "strangulation, beatings, and placement of lit cigarettes into the detainees' ear openings".

The document states that "(blanked out) was providing this account to the FBI based on his knowledge that (blanked out) were engaged in a cover-up of these abuses".

An August 2 email from another FBI agent who witnessed Guantanamo detainees under interrogation shackled hand and foot in a fetal position on the floor for 18 to 24 hours at a time, and most had "urinated or defecated" on themselves.

One detainee was held in an unventilated room at a temperature "probably well over 100 degrees (38C)".

"The detainee was almost unconscious on the floor, with a pile of hair next to him. He had apparently been literally pulling his own hair out throughout the night," the agent wrote.

A July 30 FBI agent's account of an interrogation at Guantanamo "apparently conducted by Defence Department personnel -- in which a detainee was wrapped in an Israeli flag and bombarded with loud music and strobe lights".

Suggestions two US army officers were involved in the deaths of at least two detainees in Iraq.

AFP

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/commo...55E2703,00.html