Major Political Changes in the USA

method77

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they'll be okay. The Republicans are going to win all the traditional Republican states and maybe rack in Pennslysvania. That's a win for McCain right there. Obama has to face an uphill climb in the swing states. Obama camp said they could take Florida. But with him not having the Jewish vote OR the old white vote I don't see how that's possible.

I fully expect that in June 3rd when the Democratic Primaries are over the Republicans are going to start their offensive on Obama. It's already begun in trickles - bashing them on their Iran policies and some quotes Michelle Obama made a few months ago. They're just waiting for the Dems to finish fighting each other. Then they'll move in.

Edited by riseofthevalk

I think they'll be okay. The Republicans are going to win all the traditional Republican states and maybe rack in Pennslysvania. That's a win for McCain right there. Obama has to face an uphill climb in the swing states. Obama camp said they could take Florida. But with him not having the Jewish vote OR the old white vote I don't see how that's possible.

I fully expect that in June 3rd when the Democratic Primaries are over the Republicans are going to start their offensive on Obama. It's already begun in trickles - bashing them on their Iran policies and some quotes Michelle Obama made a few months ago. They're just waiting for the Dems to finish fighting each other. Then they'll move in.

The newt gingrich era Republicans are finished. They dont even know what they stand for anymore, other than support of the Iraq War ...

But it's already begun! They're not stupid people. They know to never interrupt an enemy when they're making a mistake - and that mistake right now is the ongoing civil war between the Democrats. Sure, after Obama gets the nomination officially some of the more reasonable Democrats will rally behind him. But there will still be the chunk of Hillary supporters - the die hard ones - who won't. Half already admitted they would vote for McCain in that scenario. The other half won't vote at all. And that will hurt him.

Edited by riseofthevalk

But it's already begun! They're not stupid people. They know to never interrupt an enemy when they're making a mistake - and that mistake right now is the ongoing civil war between the Democrats. Sure, after Obama gets the nomination officially some of the more reasonable Democrats will rally behind him. But there will still be the chunk of Hillary supporters - the die hard ones - who won't. Half already admitted they would vote for McCain in that scenario. The other half won't vote at all. And that will hurt him.

Hillary may end up on Obama's ticket. I don't agree with your numbers. Bob Barr and Ron Paul are already eroding McCain's votes - the hard right can't stand him. The Democrats have their eyes on the Prize - Congress + The White House. And it's coming to the USA sooner than you think :lol:

I like Bob Barr. The Libertarian ticket is a scary one but this guy isn't as weird as he could be. Sadly no one besides people who watch Glenn Beck(:wub:)know him. If Barr could have a decent shot I'd vote for him. His national security positions are a little different from mine but almost everything else I'm on board with him with.

But back to the candidates who people know. Obama has to do the following to beat McCain - 1) try and turn the mid west States 2) get Pennsylvania. I hate to micro it down to such a small goal but it's true. There will only be a few dark horses here and Penns is prob the biggest one. So far McCain has the advantage and the Republicans know that. Did you see any snippets from the NRA Convention today? Everyone who made a speech slammed Obama on his foreign policy. This will only continue into the Fall: the courting of the old, white vote and firmly stamp them into McCain's crowd.

I like Bob Barr. The Libertarian ticket is a scary one but this guy isn't as weird as he could be. Sadly no one besides people who watch Glenn Beck(:wub:)know him. If Barr could have a decent shot I'd vote for him. His national security positions are a little different from mine but almost everything else I'm on board with him with.

But back to the candidates who people know. Obama has to do the following to beat McCain - 1) try and turn the mid west States 2) get Pennsylvania. I hate to micro it down to such a small goal but it's true. There will only be a few dark horses here and Penns is prob the biggest one. So far McCain has the advantage and the Republicans know that. Did you see any snippets from the NRA Convention today? Everyone who made a speech slammed Obama on his foreign policy. This will only continue into the Fall: the courting of the old, white vote and firmly stamp them into McCain's crowd.

Bob Barr is great on civil liberties... but that's about it - he's pretty right wing. His best time in the spotlight was in Borat! :lol:

Yeah i saw the snippets of the NRA convention - Huckabee shot himself in the foot by making sniper jokes about Obama. Disgusting.

I'm sorry to say, Mr. R, but the Republicans have had their place in the sun and they blew it. It's a Democratic world now...and for some time to come :lol:

Well no one ever said Huckabee was anything less than an idiot.

Let me clarify something here though. I'm not for McCain - I'm just against Obama. I don't think that for one second the Federal Government should have any hand in the economy. Seeing how Obama really wants that to happen, I am inclined to vote for the other guy. As I told you in PM, I could care less who really is President. As long as they free the citizens of this nation from handcuffs administered by the House and the Oval Office and let us do what we best then I have no issue whatsoever.

If Obama came out tomorrow and said 'I won't regulate anything. I want cap anything. I won't block people from making business' you will see me GLADLY going out and voting for him.

Let me clarify something here though. I'm not for McCain - I'm just against Obama. I don't think that for one second the Federal Government should have any hand in the economy. Seeing how Obama really wants that to happen, I am inclined to vote for the other guy. As I told you in PM, I could care less who really is President. As long as they free the citizens of this nation from handcuffs administered by the House and the Oval Office and let us do what we best then I have no issue whatsoever.

If Obama came out tomorrow and said 'I won't regulate anything. I want cap anything. I won't block people from making business' you will see me GLADLY going out and voting for him.

Bush expanded the government more than any other president in my lifetime. At the same time he allowed unregulated growth in the oligopolies. Sometimes regulation is needed - if only there was no Walmart, and instead you still had thriving mom and pop stores

Bush expanded the government more than any other president in my lifetime. At the same time he allowed unregulated growth in the oligopolies. Sometimes regulation is needed - if only there was no Walmart, and instead you still had thriving mom and pop stores

Well then it won't help at all if we have Obama completely reverse the situation. At this point in time big oil has a foothold in the resource business that the growing international market wants as much as we do and even more. Why is it smart in any case to spit on these companies as if they are the demons of the world when they are simply going by what needs to be done? I've said it before - the price is high because the demand is high. What Barack Obama wants to do is say 'hey oil companies, I'm not allowing you to make any more money. Money that you need to buy high priced oil because China, India, Russia and the EU are all competing to get it. So what are you going to do???'. Naturally these companies are going to have to do one thing - raise the price higher.

Regulation in this case just will not work. Our dependence has us by the balls and until we can not be so dependent, we have to accept the fact. But we cannot be self reliant until Congress allows us to be. This is a very vicious circle.

What I'm trying to say that as of right now - May 2008 - we already have a government that is regulating us. Obviously it isn't doing us any favors. Why in God's name are people looking to Obama to regulate us even more?

Ever hear of the health industry? Or the growing power of the oligopolies. Why the hell should they be unregulated?

Taxing people who can barely afford things now even more money to pay for a health care system that needs to protect three hundred million people doesn't seem like a logical thing. Universal Health Care hardly works in Canada and they have less than one hundred million. I mean, look at France. They've become a nation complete with unfullfilling "depressed" citizens who are able to to get their hands on every anti depressant that exists. Do we really want that?

And power will always shift. Once someone understands the need to cut the Congressional umbilical cord and coal to oil, solar, wind and nuclear power become more popular, big oil won't be making the hundreds of billions it does because the market will be a thousand times more competitive. And that's what makes America America.

Edited by riseofthevalk

Taxing people who can barely afford things now even more money to pay for a health care system that needs to protect three hundred million people doesn't seem like a logical thing. Universal Health Care hardly works in Canada and they have less than one hundred million. I mean, look at France. They've become a nation complete with unfullfilling "depressed" citizens who are able to to get their hands on every anti depressant that exists. Do we really want that?

And power will always shift. Once someone understands the need to cut the Congressional umbilical cord and coal to oil, solar, wind and nuclear power become more popular, big oil won't be making the hundreds of billions it does because the market will be a thousand times more competitive. And that's what makes America America.

Another solution would be to regulate the oil industry, and for the govt to promote new energy needs.

Give examples as to why the Canadian system doesnt work? When 40 percent of this country doesnt have health care, than its not working.

Capping the Oil Industry's profit when they're all we got for energy for the next ten years would only make the price higher. We cannot regulate them unless we want to risk total economic collapse.

And the Canadian system is broken because people who are in dire need of health care still have to wait six months to get it because it's so over crowded with patients and the doctors are paid so little. Canadian doctors actually move to the US to make a living.

Capping the Oil Industry's profit when they're all we got for energy for the next ten years would only make the price higher. We cannot regulate them unless we want to risk total economic collapse.

And the Canadian system is broken because people who are in dire need of health care still have to wait six months to get it because it's so over crowded with patients and the doctors are paid so little. Canadian doctors actually move to the US to make a living.

Im not an expert on the Oil industry, but we have some Canadians here - I hope one of them sees this exchange so he can correct your beliefs about Canada's health care system. More to the point, if you dont have health care in this country, who gives a fuck about what works in Canada? The Scandanavians and the UK seem to give decent health care for their people, why can't we?

Well when discussing universal health care, people often look to the places who have it to find it's strong points and it's faults.

Now as far as why we can't have it, population numbers is one. Neither of these countries have three hundred million people like we do. And I can't speak for the incentive to become doctors in Europe but I know that in the United States a lot of people become doctors for the money. You always hear 'become a doctor, become a lawyer'. In a system of universal health care, money is scarce for doctors. And again it brings around my point of incentive. If there is no incentive to work then nothing will get done and that would be the end of the line for us.

Well when discussing universal health care, people often look to the places who have it to find it's strong points and it's faults.

Now as far as why we can't have it, population numbers is one. Neither of these countries have three hundred million people like we do. And I can't speak for the incentive to become doctors in Europe but I know that in the United States a lot of people become doctors for the money. You always hear 'become a doctor, become a lawyer'. In a system of universal health care, money is scarce for doctors. And again it brings around my point of incentive. If there is no incentive to work then nothing will get done and that would be the end of the line for us.

The doctors in Michael Moore's film in the health care system in Europe arent poor by any means. And since when should we limit ourselves, i thought this is the can do country!

Michael Moore? Really? lol

And that's in Europe. Where the population of countries that have the system do not equal or outnumber our own. When you have three hundred million people expecting health care, the whole health care sector would completely collapse under the weight of what they need, when they need it and who gets it first. Imagine a hospital triage with three hundred million people and an extremely underpaid and understaffed faculty.

And since when should we limit ourselves, i thought this is the can do country!

I agree completely. Let's get the Federal Government to keep their noses out of the economy.

Michael Moore? Really? lol

And that's in Europe. Where the population of countries that have the system do not equal or outnumber our own. When you have three hundred million people expecting health care, the whole health care sector would completely collapse under the weight of what they need, when they need it and who gets it first. Imagine a hospital triage with three hundred million people and an extremely underpaid and understaffed faculty.

I agree completely. Let's get the Federal Government to keep their noses out of the economy.

when companies act unfairly, then they deserve to be regulated, e.g. Bear Stearns, Enron, the savings and loans, the riaa--why should they be able to do whatever the hell they want?

you laugh at michael moore, but the truth is that he was sending a message--why are so many people without healthcare in this country--this is not a laughing matter.