BREAKING NEWS: DIMEBAG DARRELL KILLED

dimebagdarrell.jpgAt least three people died and four others were wounded after a shooting at a Columbus nightclub on Wednesday night, NBC 4 reported.

The shooting took place shortly after 10 p.m. at Al Rosa Villa, located at 5055 Sinclair Road.

Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band Pantera, NBC 4's David Wayne reported. The alleged gunman also died at the scene, Wayne reported.

Read entire story here.

a recent post on blabbermouth...

i wIlgaz - 12/9/2004 1:17:12 AM

" Got this from a source on IRC. REMEMBER THERE IS NO WAY TO VERIFY IT. Asshole's speech (!) "he was yelling something about how "you broke up pantera.... you ruined my life.... what about phil??? he needs heroin money..." or something like that then i saw the gun and he shot DBD right in the head... when DBD went down he kept shooting... then he turned around for bobzilla then vinnie...""

i was just watching a video of pantera and zakk wylde playing together at ozzfest.....heavy duty stuff......although i didn`t particularly get into pantera this is very bad news.....very bad indeed... r.i.p.

Edited by kiwibank

wow that sucks. While I was never a big fan of Pantera, I always thought Dimebag was a pretty talented guitarist, and it sounds like a really f'd up way to check outta here.

most lately i have come to appreciate the quite excellent recreation he had done of Sabbath's Planet Caravan...

i can't believe there wasn't a dude w/a metal detector at the door...fucking shit!

Lastest Associated Press Report Regarding Damageplan and the Death of Dimebag Darrell

Here’s the official count:

DEATHS:

Damageplan Guitarist Dimebag Darrell, 38

Damageplan Head of Security Jeff “Mayhem” Thompson, 40

Nightclub employee Erin Halk, 29

Fan Nathan Bray, 23

Gunman Nathan Gale, 25

Among the injured:

Chris Paluska from Damageplan’s management company is in critical but stable condition

Cat (John Brooks) Vinnie Paul’s drum tech, is expected to be released from the hospital tomorrow.

Read updated story here.

Just as an FYI, KNAC.com is playing back-to-back music of Damageplan and Pantera. I don't know when it started or when it will end, but it is going on now.

Windows Media Low Band

Real Player Low Band

'Dimebag' Tribute Special Fuse Network Airs Last Performance and Interview on Metal Show Uranium, Friday, December 10th at 8PM

NEW YORK, Dec. 9 /PRNewswire/ -- On Friday, December 10th FUSE will air URANIUM Dimebag Tribute at 8 pm, EST in honor of "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott, guitarist for the Grammy-nominated Pantera and most recently Damageplan who was shot to death as he took the stage Wednesday at the Alrosa Villa nightclub in Columbus, Ohio. "He was a heavy-metal icon, kids around the world found release and a place to belong in his music," comments FUSE Uranium host, Juliya.

'Dimebag' granted this one of kind, rare interview to FUSE only 10 days ago. The special which will repeat throughout the weekend will feature the last known video interview and footage of the band performing live. It also includes interviews with Zakk Wylde (Black Label Society, Ozzy Osbourne), Scott Ian of Anthrax among many others.

Source

Lead me from death to life,

from falsehood to truth.

Lead me from despair to hope,

from fear to trust.

Lead me from hate to love,

from war to peace.

Let peace fill our hearts, our world, our universe.

unbelievable

What a nut case and the scary thing is we seem to forget the world is full of these fuck ups and there is nothing we can do to stop them.

Really scary but you just have to let life go on.

Dimebag Darrell To Be Buried In Kiss Kasket

The family of slain DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott has requested a "Kiss Kasket" for Abbott to be buried in, KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons revealed during an appearance on Fox News' "The Big Story Weekend Edition with Rita Cosby" on Saturday (Dec. 11). The coffin features the faces of the four founding members of KISS, the KISS logo and the words "Kiss Forever". A transcript of Simmons' appearance on the program follows:

Rita Cosby: Gene, it's great to see you, my friend. I wish it was under better circumstances.

Gene Simmons: Thank you, thank you.

Read entire story here.