Kazaa No 1 for Spyware

method77

We all know that Kazaa is full of crapware but what you probably didn't know is that Kazaa is Spyware Public Enemy Number 1.

These conclusions were reached by Computer Associates via its research for PestPatrol product, says CNET News, going on that CA found Kazaa was top of its spyware list, “because of its widespread popularity”.

Read the article

So, my son is right, then!

On another topic I was just complaining, him always bossing me around, as soon as it is about the PC. He is a system engineer for a living.

I was a Crack on the MAC once - but since we have a PC and windows I know nothing, he never learned me, alway said: 'Let me do that mum'.

And when I asked him to download something for me and to crack(? illegal installation? right word?) it for me, he often says: 'NO'. :nope:

Now, that is NOT the way we live together in this house,

I'm te mother,

I'm the boss,

I'm the bitch!

When I asked him why the no for Kazaa, he says: 'spyware'. He also warned me for Emule, that is even worse, he says.

The other thing, that Meelohowski, or what's his name, warned about, he could not prevent, as it is in the XP all together. But he also provided us with a good Virus detector.

He is moving out :par-taaay: (26 and a half, not a minute too soon), so now he has to learn me ALL in a very short notice...... :wha':

BTW: I AM allowed to use Kazaa lite, it is from the former owners of Kazaa!

Edited by megabitch

Kazaa lite is not from the former owners. It was made from regular PC users that had nothing to do with them and yes, it's safe to use.

Emule? Perhaps you mean eDonkey. EMule is safe.

He also warned me for Emule, that is even worse, he says.

I concur with Method. Emule is completely free of spyware, adware, and ads in general.

It's free and opensource as well.

As for Kazaalite, well, it was an "unauthorized" counter to the infested Kazaa by talented people in the P2P community, however, development and deployment is tough "above ground" because of legal threats from Sharman.

Another program called "KCeasy" had fasttrack support early on but it has since been dropped. However, if you possess the fasttrack.dll plug-in, you can still get it to work with some versions of KCeasy since then, but it's become increasingly difficult (I can no longer get it to work properly with the current version).

There are some other programs out there that have access to fasttrack, but most of them are dog shit.

Thank you both!

Now I'm thinking of a way, to send him this, without my first post... :bigsmile:

I do NOT think he would like it if he read that.........

He knows I THINK that way, but he does not like it when I tell the world about it. :wub:

I will copy - paste it to an email!

BTW: I am using EJukebox now. I do NOT like it because:

A] It only shuffles in the range of music you recently have chosen;

B] It is very hardheaded, the program tells ME what CD it is, which song and what artist. It takes that info from the internet. It makes nasty mistakes (Byrds, Birds, the Byrds & the Birds - you never have it all together. One single CD of the Rolling Stones he keeps on recognizing as Nitzer Ebb. Never heard of)

I used to own a Sony 200 CD machine. It got broke, could not handle the self burned CD's. Had something to do with not being as thick as the other ones.

Now I've put it all on my HD.

C] The program I'm looking for should also give me the possibility to make 2 kinds of devices (the ones I really have and the downloaded ones) and to shuffle in one group, in the other or in both.

Do you, by accident, know such a program?

I HAVE been at download.com but there are SO many and they all promiss you a lot :read this: , but the things I want to know, I can not find.

The company said that any other peer-to-peer file exchange programs, such as Blubster, Gnucleus and WinMX, could also degrade network performance and consume storage space because they are bundled with adware or spyware.

As far as I know Winmx does not have any spyware either.

As far as I know Winmx does not have any spyware either.

That's what I thought. In fact, I still do. WinMX and Gnucleus are ok but Blubster, I'm not sure. Never used it but I know when Pablo made it, it was ok.

Rainbowdemon:

A program to PLAY music with. (I asked it here, because it is related to music)

I have put all my CD's on the hard drive with Easy CD/DA extractor.

And besides that, I got a lot of music that is downloaded.

I want to be able to do more then Windows Media Player can, as you can read in the other post.

With that, and with Ejukebox as well, you either play (or shuffle in) the downloaded music, or in the music you own. Unless of course you make one giant mess of it, which I do not want, I want to keep it seperated.

Did I make myself clear this time?

I use Ares and Limewire and havent had any problems at all  :D

howdy tiremonkey.......are you having any trouble connecting to the ares network lately...i haven`t been able to use it (ares ) for a couple of months...but i notice that warez p2p connects to what is apparently the same network with no trouble at all... i`m on dsl - 2mb/s.......

Edited by kiwibank