Creepy Teachers & Other Shameful Authority Figures

Shawn

High School Teacher Arrested On Meth Charge

Police Investigating Whether Drug Was Sold At School

POSTED: 2:44 pm MST February 9, 2005

ROCK SPRINGS, Wyo. -- A Wyoming high school teacher was arrested at her school after police allegedly found drugs at her home and in her purse at school.

Karen Coffee Echols, 51, of Rock Springs was charged Monday with felony drug possession and released on $30,000 bond.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/education/...754/detail.html

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teacher accused of doing 'donuts' on school grass

Anne Ryman

The Arizona Republic

Feb. 7, 2005 05:11 PM

SCOTTSDALE - A Cocopah Middle School teacher has been cited after police say he drove his full-size Chevrolet truck onto campus and did donuts in the grass near school.

Ari Levenbaum, 32, was cited Friday on misdemeanor charges of reckless driving and criminal damage. Police said the incident happened about 15 minutes before school began Friday, and the truck came within 10 to 20 feet of at least two students.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0207neteacher-ON.html

By THOMAS C. TOBIN and DONNA WINCHESTER, Times Staff Writers

Published February 9, 2005

Long a part of some high school sports programs, profanity may be on the way out for Pinellas County coaches.

School superintendent Clayton Wilcox said Tuesday that the district will formally instruct coaches not to use curse words when addressing student athletes.

"There are better ways to communicate with our youngsters than using words that are offensive," he said.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/02/09/Tampabay...ools_seek.shtml

W-B man: 'Witches are trying to kill me'

Jake Jenkins home-schools his kids to protect them from witches he says live nearby.

By JON FOX

[email protected]

WILKES-BARRE - To hear Jake Jenkins tell it, he's battening down the hatches in a battle against evil.

As he opens the door on his Waller Street home, the sound of scraping metal and wood escapes through the cracks. He's pulling back the bars and beams that keep his family secure.

And the witches out.

"Yeah, wood and steel," he said, standing in the open doorway. "Nobody's getting in."

Jenkins, 51, and his wife spend much of their time hunkered down in their two-story home along with their eight children ranging in ages from 22 years to 1.

He said he home-schools his children.

"I'm no fool."

Wilkes-Barre Area School District Superintendent Jeff Namey said parents who home-school their children must submit an application to the district, a curriculum, and a portfolio of students' work at the end of the year.

Asked if Jenkins was registered with the district as a home-schooling parent, Namey said he didn't know but would check.

Jenkins doesn't really want to talk about himself, or his family for that matter.

"The witches are after us, so I don't really want to get into any personal stuff," he said.

He told a Times Leader photographer "witches are trying to kill me." Asked why, he said, "I really don't know."

His protection against dark forces extends beyond his front door.

A tree stump in the center of his small front yard is adorned with wooden stakes: nine point skyward, and seven jut from its side along its circumference.

"It's a map of the neighborhood," Jenkins said. "Each spike points to where a witch lives.

"There's a whole bunch that live up there," he said, pointing north up Waller Street.

The horizontal stakes, painted red, point out the witches, he said. The purpose of the vertical ones? To gently dissuade witches from using his stump for ceremonies.

"What they used to do is come by and sit on it," he said.

An orange plastic fence on either side of his home is yet another anti-witch precaution. "They would always try to sneak over."

Jenkins won't name names, but says he's got the dirt on the neighborhood.

"The one up there, she drinks human blood," he said. "The one ... there, she's the real high-level witch, but she's real slick."

Standing on his porch dressed in warm-up pants, a T-shirt and a sweat-stained army cap, Jenkins explains Luzerne County is the location of the largest witches coven in the state.

"Police know about it," he added.

"No one has come to me and said we have a problem with witches on Waller Street," said police Chief Gerry Dessoye.

He said records of police responses to the South Wilkes-Barre street would be available today.

Police respect the freedom of individuals to practice Wiccan, followers of which are often referred to as witches, he said.

As Jenkins spoke from his doorway, to his right hung a "Ghostbusters" poster with a witch standing in for the ghost, attached to the worn siding of the home. "A family project," he calls it.

"You have the witches that want to play at it, and then you have the real serious bastards, deadly," he said.

He should know - he said his own brother, who used to live next door, is one of them.

Bill Jenkins was convicted in 1998 on 10 federal charges for trading machine guns for marijuana and sentenced to 47 years. According to the U.S. Attorney's Office, the guns - semi-automatic weapons converted to automatic - were being sent to members of a white supremacist group, the Aryan Brotherhood, and the Dirty Dozen motorcycle gang.

It was Bill Jenkins who tipped Jake Jenkins off to the existence of the witches. "Basically I started watching my brother. That was back in the 1990s."

In the early morning hours of June 20 - the same month Jenkins put the stakes around his tree trunk - his brother's old house went up in flames under what fire officials say are suspicious circumstances.

Fire Chief Jacob Lisman said the individual in charge of the investigation was away on vacation Wednesday and more information might be available today.

Jenkins said he's happy the home burnt; it's another blow against the witches.

Jenkins' neighbors, on the other hand, don't seem too concerned about any supernatural activity or the front yard display.

Chris Foote, 23, lives across the street and a couple of homes away. Foote said he never thinks about Jenkins' stump display. "I don't really know what the deal is with that. They've always been weird, so I really thought nothing of it."

Gene and Becky Dill live directly across Waller Street from Jenkins. He warned them about the neighborhood activity, they said.

They just shrugged their shoulders. "We said OK," Becky Dill said.

Are there witches on Waller Street?

"I have no idea," Becky Dill said. "I don't even know what a witch is."

"Yeah," Gene said with a grin. "I live with one," he added, nudging his wife.

http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader/news/9673985.htm

First Grader Punished for Bag of Dirt

By: Tony Hensley

Sikeston, Missouri --A Southeast Missouri first grader finds herself in big trouble after playing with a plastic bag she found on the playground.

The girl's mother says her daughter used the bag to make her friend a present. But, her teacher didn't see it that way.

Tuesday Heartland News spoke with6-year-old Michaela Boyd, and her motherMichele. They tell Heartland News teachers confused a hand-gathered gift of nature's goodies with a bag of marijuana.

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=2919630

Student Runs Over Driver's Ed TeaFri Feb 11, 5:46 PM ET

Strange News - AP

STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. - A driver's education instructor was run over by one of her students and pinned beneath the car for 15 minutes, officials said. Two cars driven by students collided on the DeKalb County Schools driver's education lot, then one of the students backed into Patricia Erwin, running her over.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...eacher_run_over

Official: Son Mistakes Parents' Sex For Domestic Abuse

Boy, 16, Charged With Assault With Deadly Weapon

POSTED: 6:50 am CST February 11, 2005

UPDATED: 3:20 pm CST February 11, 2005

HOUSTON -- A 16-year-old boy was charged with shooting his father in their southwest Harris County home Friday, Local 2 reported. The shooting was originally reported as a case of domestic abuse, but deputies said the boy apparently witnessed a sexual act between his parents and thought the father was abusing the mother

http://www.click2houston.com/news/4188094/...id=22100412&qs=

Driver Said to Make 'Survivor' Tape on Bus

Sun Feb 13, 6:50 AM ET

U.S. National - AP

BUENA VISTA, Pa. - A school bus driver encouraged students to jump around, throw things and misbehave on her moving bus so she could make an audition videotape for the reality television show "Survivor," police said.

Maureen Monaghan was charged with recklessly endangering children after allegedly urging 10 students to act up on her bus for the video, which she hoped would earn her a spot on the CBS show.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...driver_survivor

I'm easy.....I'd let her go. I might fire her for being a Yankee but I wouldn't prosecute. <_>

I agree. She was working out permissions... Looks like someone else was jealous because she was going after a dream (thought God knows, why would anyone want to be on that dreadful show)

Student Charged for Gorilla Mask Prank

Tue Feb 15, 6:26 PM ET

OLEY, Pa. - A student apprehended on his high school roof in a gorilla mask was charged Tuesday with trespass and other crimes when his senior prank led to a school lockdown, officials said.

The 18-year-old Pattison — a National Merit semifinalist with no school disciplinary record — was charged with reckless endangerment, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and criminal trespass.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...l_rooftop_prank

We did shit like that at my high school all the time. These folks need to lighten up. <_>

Exactly - the admins need to become more permissive and liberal :lol:

Teacher pinched for distributing nude doctored photo of student

ISE, Mie -- A former elementary school teacher under indictment for trespassing and theft has been hit with defamation charges for creating a composite photo of a girl he had taught, prosecutors said Wednesday.

Shigefumi Murai, 49, created a composite photo combining the 13-year-old victim's image and a nude photo of another woman in November last year, according to the indictment. He then put copies of the photo into the baskets of bicycles parked at a junior high school and a high school later in the month, thereby defaming her, prosecutors said.

http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/20050216p2a...11000c.html#121

HOUSTON -- A 16-year-old boy was charged with shooting his father in their southwest Harris County home Friday, Local 2 reported. The shooting was originally reported as a case of domestic abuse, but deputies said the boy apparently witnessed a sexual act between his parents and thought the father was abusing the mother

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Junior High Students Suspended For Fight Club

Iowa Teens Inspired By Movie

UPDATED: 8:50 pm EST February 16, 2005

COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa -- Some Council Bluffs, Iowa, students said they're in trouble after they acted on an inspiration from the movie "Fight Club."

Nearly a dozen Kirn Junior High School students were caught by a teacher while they were holding a boxing match in a locker room during school. The teenage boys are suspended from school this week.

http://www.local6.com/news/4205977/detail.html

That's what happens when you drop Sex Ed from the curriculum. :lol: