70's Car Chase Music???

jfmuk

Has anyone got any pointers for artists or composers that have made 70's car chase music. You know the kind that has a triangle in the background that goes ting, tic, tic, ting, tic, tic as a dude in sunglasses looks in his mirror to see a mustang on his tail. I've tried a few google searches but no luck.....

Cheers method77, I've got some sounds to get my teeth into now. Two tracks that stood out for me were :

You can't even walk in the park (opening theme)

http://www.blaxploitation.com/sounds/strax/t193.mp3

Nice horns with a simple riff.

and...

Dark Suspense

http://www.blaxploitation.com/sounds/strax/t339.mp3

For that creepy "somethings goin' down" feeling.

Dunno if you're in to video games or whatnot, but I checked out a few in my collection and came up with some songs. I thought that the Driver series would have some audio to tap off the game disc, but no luck. Within the game, there is some cool music. Another game, from 1998 on PS1 was Vigilante 8. Set in the mid-70s, it was a car combat game which had quite a few good songs. The game disc can be placed in stereo or computer. Out of the 13 tracks, all but Track 1 are CDA files. About four of these, Tracks 2, 6, 7, & 13 (if you're counting the data track, track one...if not the numbers are 1, 5, 6, & 12) are car-chase or blaxpoitation-worthy. I'll be copying all the songs over to mp3 now that I figured out it works in my comp.

These may just be some good disco songs but seeing that they were placed with the cars of that era, figured I'd suggest them.

:psychofun:

the early james bond movies had good car chase/being followed type sountracks...another one is the great steve mcqueen movie car chase in " bullitt "..

then there`s " the french connection "......

Edited by kiwibank

• 3 years later...