Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz - Crunk Juice

method77

liljoncrunkjuice.jpgThis album sells like crazy. Reading about it everywhere but after listening to this, I think it's just average. Oh well...

Track Listings

1. Crunk Juice

2. Get Crunk feat Bo Hagon

3. What U Gon' Do feat Lil Scrappy

4. Real Nigga Roll Call feat Ice Cube

5. Bo Hagon's Phone Call

6. Da Blow feat Gangsta Boo

7. Contract feat Trillville, Jazze Pha & Pimpin Ken

8. E40 Choppin

9. White Meat feat 8Ball & MJG

10. Don't Fuck Wit Me (produced by Rick Rubin)

11. Chris Rock Let's Be Friends

12. Lovers & Friends feat Usher & Ludacris

13. One Night Stand feat Oobie

14. Aww Skeet Skeet feat DJ Flexx

15. Chris Rock In The Club

16. In The Club feat R. Kelly & Ludacris

17. Bitches Aint Shit feat Nate Dogg, Snoop Dogg, Suga Free & Oobie

18. Chris Rock Get Lower

19. Stick That Thang Out (Skeezer) feat Pharrell Williams & Ying Yang Twins Produced by The Neptunes

20. Grand Finale feat Nas, T.I., Bun B, Ice Cube

Get it

• 5 months later...
I'm into boycotting it. If I see this advertised one more time during my Headbanger's Ball, I'll go apeshit. :reallymad:

what headbanger's ball? where? link please.

edit: oh you mean on TV, right?

• 2 weeks later...

The rise of hip-hop's foul cousin 'Crunk'....

Some recreational activities only make sense when you're crunk.

One example would be heaving about in a packed Atlanta nightclub while a scary gang of hooded gentlemen shout obscenities in rhythmic unison, just loud enough to overcome a crushing electronic bass beat.

This is Crunk: a dirty, aggressive, in-your-face devolution of southern American hip-hop that's been tipped to crash the global pop mainstream this year. It's adapting as we speak, evolving like a cunning alien organism from pure, cranky Crunk into softer, more radio-friendly CrunknB.

The etymological jury is still debating the roots of the word, which seems to work equally well as noun and verb. But of the 50-odd definitions posted at urbandictionary.com the vast majority involve some combination of drunkenness, craziness, cannabis, crystal meth and illicit sexual behaviour.

For the record, "crunk means energy", Atlanta rapper Lil Jon has summarised.

A former DJ with very nasty teeth, he's the self-appointed King of Crunk, complete with an expansive court that features his own Eastside Boyz and the standard cast of dozens - Snoop Dogg, Usher, R. Kelly, Ludacris, Pharrell, Nas, Ice Cube - required to validate the arrival of every new hip-hop poo-bah.

Though they've had limited success in Australia, Lil Jon and the Eastside Boyz' catalogue is a multi-platinum urban success story in America. It includes Get Crunk: Who U Wit - Da Album, Crunk Juice, Kings of Crunk and Certified Crunk: Da Remix Album. So while the word demonstrably predates the musical genre, it's abundantly clear who's got first dibs on it as a pop phenomenon.

Accordingly, Lil John should recognise the "first lady of CrunknB" when he gets his dexterous mixing fingers on her. Ciara is a fetching 19-year-old Texan who just slipped her first single into the Australian Top 20. Already a number one hit in America, it's a saucy little kiss-off called Goodies, as in "Just because you drive a Benz/ I'm not goin' home with you/ You won't get no nookie or the cookies/ I'm no rookie", etc.

The genesis of the track was a rhythm bed hammered out by Lil Jon with the same authentic Crunk-tastic touch he gave Usher's number one hit of last April, Yeah! It's true that there's rather less Crunk than B audible in Goodies, but that's because Ciara has no time for shouting at crunkards in Atlanta nightclubs. She and her crunklets have been too busy shaking their booty on nice, clean TV shows as far away as England.

Which is just the way the cookie crunkles in the mainstream pop market: dilution is an inevitable byproduct of evolution. Today CrunknB, tomorrow CrunknRoll, Crunk-Metal, Jazz-Crunk and, conceivably, Crunk-Punk.

It's all great news for the pop world at large, though the globalisation of the genre must be a little galling for the hardcore Crunk aficionados back home in Atlanta.

Killer Mike is one artist who has already voiced his objections to Crunk leaving its shouty, dirty, beery heartland behind for primetime teen TV screens.

"The best thing about Crunk music right now is that it still scares people," he told USA Today.

"That's what good American music has always done. It's what Little Richard did. It's what Parliament-Funkadelic did. It's what early rap did. I'm hoping we don't start making Pepsi and Coke commercials too quick."

There's not much chance of that. Not while Lil Jon's own Crunk energy drink is flying off discerning supermarket shelves. He has a range of sunglasses, too, and looks forward to the arrival of his own streetwear, watches and other bling essentials for the Crunk-conscious consumer.

So remember the name. It rhymes with "junk".

source:stuff.co.nz

post-3-1116638533.jpg