laptop help

method77

I'm about to buy yet another laptop. I found a good HP and I don't know what processor to get. I've heard that the Intel M series is better that P4 for a laptop. Anybody have any good advise?

I'd prefer a an apple but it's too expensive

This is it in english:

HP Pavilion zv5365EA Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz Hyperthreading 800MHz ,

15,4'' TFT / XGA ( 1024x768 ) ,

256MB DDR PC2700 333MHz (1x256MB),

40GB ATA 100 4200 rpm,

SD Smart Media Memory Stick pro ,

DVD+R/RW & CD-Writer combo,

Modem 56k / NIC 10/100 , no FDD,

ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 up to 64MB 4X AGP ,

nice...my other half has got a compaq presario........ 980mhz amd cpu and 256MB ram..very fast..quite surprising actually...i still don`t reckon the 256mb is enough ram to run xp properly......xp NEEDS 512 at least...

if anyone's reading this who's looking for another laptop, DO NOT BUY A SONY VAIO. PM me for reasons why cause i would be typing all day on this topic listing reasons which begin at 'absolutely no helpful tech 'help' WHEN (not if) something goes wrong.'

• 1 month later...

I've checked prices online from many EU countries and saw that they are mostly the same. You can always find bargains in shops too and this was one.

September and January is the best time to shop a PC cause school starts and prices are lower so students can buy. The rest of us get them for pleasure lol