CKY

the70mphshit

Hey, i am a huge fan of CKY.... i absolutely love their music. They have a new album that they are mixing right now... there is no release date as of now.

Feedback on what you guys think of CKY would be interesting to see... its always cool to see ppl who like them as well... favorite songs?

got any links for the google lazy and uninitiated?

CKY's site

this is about the only link unless you want live audio you can visit the CKY Alliance and click on media

CKY Live

on the main CKY site you can watch videos or listen to tracks....

ASU...the song at the beginning of CKY3 isnt even by CKY the band.....

its called Puritana by Dimmu Borgir

anyways for CKY songs i would reccomend:

Inhuman Creation Station

96 Quite Bitter Beings

Escape From Hellview

Attached at the Hip

Edited by the70mphshit

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
do you like the music?

some of it.....not all of it....the vocals on a couple of tracks sounded a bit muffled...i like the riff on the video " 96 quite bitter things "...

" attached at the hip " isn`t too bad either.........

Edited by kiwibank

Awesome.......i came back for an update.....after searching ckyalliance.com...i found some more info on the new album

TITLE-

"The Butchers Hand"

TRACK LISTING-

"All Power To Slaves",

"Dressed In Decay",

"Tripled Manic State",

"Behind The Screams (acoustic piece),

"As The Tables Turn",

"Sniped",

"Mesmerized",

"Just Quit"(tentative),

"Don't Hold Your Breath",

+2 more still untitled.

The Album will be released 2005......a mod on ckyalliance.com says it will be "First Quarter 2005"......and this is something that was posted from ASK CKY on the ckymusic.com site

Jess Margera.......Drummer......said.........

'but speaking of the new album, im going to try and give you guys a little sneak preview here, but words are just words and they sound dumb compared to what it really sounds like. but anyway, yesterday i was feeling a lot better and i actually got my voice back, so i drove down to the studio to meet up with chad and deron who were laying down bass and guitars to the drum tracks we recorded a week or so ago. out of the 6 songs i did drum tracks for, they had already completed all of the bass and guitars for 4 of the songs by the time i got there. when i got there they were doing bass for this song called "when the tables turn" which is fucking enormous sounding. i noticed immediately that the guitar sounds were even more fucked than IDR and v.1 and i asked chad how he did it. he said something about blending 3 different amps together. some marshalls, 5150 and a triple x blahblah whatever the point is it sounded like airplane engines in my ear and i never heard anything like it before. there's a part in the tables turn where the riff gets so busy and it fits my beat like clockwork where i must say i did some fancy-footpedal work (dont mean to honk the old horn but fucking toot toot) but all in all. this song will kill you and everyone you know basically. then we moved on to a more mellow song called "hold your breath" which we actually worked on a bit in the volume 1 days but it kept coming back over the years here and there because it was just too good to let slide by. the best way i can describe this song is if you blended "to all of you" and "close yet far" together. its really amazing, and the melody has honestly been stuck in my head since we demo'ed it in 1999, so that should tell you something. just from hearing how's its coming along with these 4 vocal-less songs i can already tell that this record has developed into a monster that is going to be hard to keep chained down, and where as volume 1 and infiltrate-destroy-rebuild are timeless classic records in my opinion this new one has evolved to a whole new level on its own. there have been times where we couldn't hold back and talked a lot of shit on other bands, so we have to have the goods to back up our strong harsh words. and i truly can say that on all our albums (especially this one) we have the goods to back up our words. i can't wait for you guys to hear this, (we hope to have it out for this summer) now fuck off and carry-on with your day '

I CANNOT WAIT........I WILL SERIOUSLY SKIP SCHOOL THE DAY IT COMES OUT....DRIVE TO A RECORD STORE.....AND GET THIS GOOD SHIT......

~roCK

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the bump...........

but a release date has been announced.

Its been reported on www.ckyalliance.com that the release date has been set for "The Butcher's Hand", June 28th is the date that the album is scheduled to release. The information was shared by a member of the Island Records Street Team, in his news letter it was written:

"*CKY IS COMING!!! New Album will be in stores June 28! We should have tools very soon!"

The post was confirmed by 3 moderators of the CKY Ålliance. We should get an official word from a band member by tomorrow or the end of this week. The tracklisting is pretty much the same with some minor changes:

1. All Power To Slaves

2. Dressed In Decay

3. Tripled Manic State

4. Behind the Screams

5. As the Tables Turn

6. Sniped

7. Mesmerized (No longer called this)

8. Just Quit (No longer called this)

9. Don't Hold Your Breath

10. Suddenly Tragic

11. Familiar Realm

~roCK

I hope you are looking forward to this as much as i am :strumma:

Edited by the70mphshit

Its Definatly confirmed......June 28th.....the album got a new title "An Answer Can Be Found"...which is better than "The Butchers Hand" in my opinion

• 8 months later...