NFL

rainbowdemon

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider that american football the dumbest sport in the world. No offence Joe

I think it's the best sport.

- It has a wide variety of players (of shapes, sizes, and skills).

- It's a nice game of strategy, strength, speed and team efficiency.

- Scoring occurs in many different ways, keeping things interesting.

- Sportsmanship is very important (players, you'll see, will help each other up after the play is over, regardless of which team they're on). Tolerance of after-play-scuffles is almost ZERO; try that with Hockey (fighting is actually part of the game in the pros, sadly), Baseball (bench clearing lawsuit waiting to happen), and even Football/Soccer/Another Alias (people die every year at stadiums across the globe. I personally, have yet to hear of a person dieing at an NFL Football game due to violence. I'm sure it's happened, but there has probably been a string of YEARS where it hasn't, if not a really long string of perhaps a decade. Again, i've NEVER heard of it.).

- Plenty of teams and a salary cap in the case of the NFL.

There are plenty of things that can be improved with the sport; the NFL in particular, such as an even more strictly enforced drug policy (which, to the NFL's credit specifically is not laughable).

But Method, I don't want to hear a damn thing out of you about drug use (you damn stoner!......... :rotfl: ).

All in all, by any chance did the name turn you off to the sport Method? I know many from places outside the U.S. have an unhealthy loathing for something as stupid as a label.

I'm just taking stabs in the dark. Since I listed reasons why I like Football (A.), i'll ask you Method. Why don't you like it, out of curiosity?

(By the way, steriod use is not ramphant in the NFL contrary to popular belief among the misinformed and non-fans.)

All in all, by any chance did the name turn you off to the sport Method? I know many from places outside the U.S. have an unhealthy loathing for something as stupid as a label.

I'm just taking stabs in the dark. Since I listed reasons why I like Football (A.), i'll ask you Method. Why don't you like it, out of curiosity?

English is not my language and I don't have anything to do with that name thing. The reason I don't like it is that it's never actually played. Teams set up (10 mins), game starts and QB throws the ball (2 secs) and and reciever runs for 2 secs before he gets tackled. Rarely he runs more. Then the teams set up for another 10 mins.

I just don't like. Nothing to do with games or because it's american. Hockey and baseball are two of my favorites along with soccer.

BTW Go Canucks and Blue Jays ( my father is in Canada lol)

I'm a Chiefs fan, have been for some time now........last year was quite a heart break losing to the Colts in the playoffs. Well, this year started out kinda rough but I think it's all coming together now, the D is stopping the run and Gunther will more than likely figure out a way to stop QB's from passing on them like Manning did this past Sunday, of course Manning passes on everybody......he's a tough cookie. The Yuccaneers and Saints are up next, the way the Chiefs are scoring now neither team should beat them, but I ain't gonna count my chickens before they hatch. Pittsburghs QB is very very impressive, I think Tommy Maddox has lost his job for good, if Cowher puts him back in when he gets healthy then he's as lunk headed as I always thought he was.

sorry for the double post but does any Vikings fans remember this catch!

muahahahahaha

Looks like it was a nice one!!

ya Vikings fans would understand it more..

its the catch that knocked the vikings out of the playoffs even though they started the season 6-0

ya i no your right. Josh Mccown does suck.

But they are winning, I guess leave him in there until they are out of the playoff race for sure, then bring in Navarre. If he shows anything keep him, if not I heard Chargers are wanting to deal Brees in the off season (Unless he is a free agent i didnt get that part) if so attempt to get him and if you dont get him there is always the draft.

But i doubt they make the playoffs but Im gonna root until the end atleast they are playing respectable right now Im happy for that!

But you gotta admit Dennis Green is a great coach. Greatest move by the cardinals.... probly ever lol :lol:

Edited by Yoda

Wife was mad at me today because i wore her steelers shirt and they still won :rotfl:

It has been my experience that one excuse is as good as another. She'd have found a reason. I think my wife was a mud wrestler before I met her. Mean, spiteful, straight-razor totin' woman. :D