Top Ten Worst Cover Songs Of All Time

DudeAsInCool

Well, I can't think of any recorded shit-jobs (there are plenty, but I’m too lazy to think right now), but I did hear a live cover of "Going to California" (Led Zeppelin) performed live by the band "Fuel".

It was a truly horrifying experience because as we all know, the lead singer of Fuel sounds like a dieing cat and couldn't sing his way out of a paper bag (which would be cool, because he would suffocate and then Fuel could get a new lead singer; I mean, after all, he doesn't write the majority of the songs or do much else).

Ice, Ice Baby may not be a cover - but its pretty close to Queen's hit - so I would nominate this for the worst pseudo cover of all time

l take that back. How about anything by William Shatner :lol: e.g. Lucky in the Sky with Diamonds http://www.pathcom.com/~boby/lsd.htm This is the worst music I have ever heard!

His rendition of Mr Tambourine Man is almost as awful:

http://www.clivebanks.co.uk/Shatner/Mr%20T...urine%20Man.Mp3

For more drek:

http://www.clivebanks.co.uk/Shatnersings.htm

No info on the album. It was so bad I searched for it on p2p for a while hoping to get it for laughs. I see that Jackie DeShannon was performing at the same concert with Nancy Sinatra. I like her and would love to hear her live. She released an album a couple of years ago entitled, "You Know Me". It is as good as any she ever released IMO. I even bought (yes BOUGHT) it. Couldn't find it for free. :lol:

That's a killer list and AMG does not show him performing that song either. I have no clue where the radio station got it. Every Sunday at 7:20 pm a couple of yrs ago an oldies show here in Dallas would play one awful track by Sinatra. That was the only one that I remember. I even had put it on a list of songs that I was searching for so I wouldn't forget it. Never found it though. Have you ever heard Neil Diamond murder Mony Mony? It is awful too, but he was trying to murder it.

Edited by Redneck4sure

• 1 month later...

Sid Vicious did 'my way.' it was awful but i liked it a lot, anyway.

:lol: at Dude's dreck. :lol:

• 1 month later...

im a big fan of H.I.M. as you can see from my avatar........but i must admit.....their cover of Blue Oyster Cult's "(Dont Fear) The Reaper" was pretty horrible