The Wizard's Suggestions III

Undying Wizard

well shit, what band should I bring up ? ...

how about Metal Church since yesterday a buddy on mine says ' hey check out this new band metal church ' I laughed my ass off and told him that the band has been around since the 80's.

I guess that band is finally popular yet there new music kinda sucks compared to their old, I didnt even know they are still playing music LOL.

I would suggest every album from 1985 - 1991 but my fav would be the first . listen to beyond the black, slayer stole some of the riffs in that song and used them 2 years later ( I will show you what I mean using guitar tab if you ask )

Born out of the West Coast Metal scene of the 80's, Metal Church quickly became one of the standout talents of the genre. After signing a deal with Elektra records, they released two critically acclaimed albums. Their self-titled release "Metal Church" postured the band as one of the pioneers of the thrash/metal scene. The All Music Guide had this to say about the debut: "The band's incredibly tight musicianship is a highlight all on it's own. This album remains an overlooked classic of straight-ahead American-bred heavy metal." With the heavy metal scene starting to rise in the U.S., Metal Church set out on a very successful tour with label mates Metallica.

Next came "The Dark," the fury of its opening track, "Ton of Bricks" was championed as one of the premier metal releases of the 80's. The Dark also led to one of a few lineup changes with the departure of vocalist David Wayne. However, more success was yet to come. With the addition of former Heretic vocalist Mike Howe, and Metallica guitar tech extraordinaire John Marshall, the riffing became heavier and the subject matter deeper. They tackled political and social issues of the day with the releases of "Blessing In Disguise" and "The Human Factor." At a time when heavy metal bands moved from the underground and became part of the hair band/pop fad, Metal Church stayed true to their roots.

cant seem to find a pic of the orignal band lineup, so no pic since I dont like the new band lineup

Edited by Undying Wizard

Classic Lineup:

..promo-kurdt.jpg.......promo-kirk.jpgpromo-craig.jpgpromo-duke.jpgpromo-dave.jpg

Kurdt Vanderhoof.....Kirk Arrington......Craig Wells...Duke Erickson....David Wayne

........guitars...................drums...............guitars............bass..................vocal

Current Lineup:

bandcolor2.jpg

L to R: Steve Unger, Bass; Kurdt Vanderhoof, Guitars; Ronny Munroe, Vocals; Kirk Arrington, Drums; Jay Reynolds, Guitars

I used to totally dig this band. Started out with The Dark and worked from there. I thought Mike Howe was a great addition for The Human Factor which turned out to be a great album.

Highly recommended for the metal days of old. Dunno about the new album, but with Arrington's mastery of the double bass and Vanderhoof's playing, should be a great ride! :good job:

• 3 months later...

like i ever put it away! :) about my black denim jacket, i always dyed them and then in 1988 i passed a gap in NYC and there were like 10 black jackets on sale for 15$ each, i ran in and the sales girl told me NOBODY WANTS THEM. :lol: mid-90s and i see them back on sale for 60$ (morons!) :lol:

this is a soon to be active thread , so bring out your black jean jackets and prepare to rock .

You are so busted man. You knew you were getting married and you throw this BS at us.

You're lucky you're a Californian. :bigsmile: