GTA: San Andreas

Lord_of_the_Dense

p2pnet.net News:- Take-Two Interactive Software, owner of the odious Manhunt banned in New Zealandand which sparked the adoption of new video and CD buying and rental rules in Canada, recently announced a partnership with one of the members of the Big Four record label cartel that's currently suing p2p users around the world.

Rockstar Games, Take-Two's publisher, and Interscope Records, owned by France's Universal Music Group (UMG), have a joint venture for the soundtrack to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, due for release on October 25.

PlayStation2 is, of course, owned by another member of the sue 'em all cartel - Sony. The others are BMG (Sony-BMG, Japan, Germany), Warner Music (USA) and EMI (UK).

Read entire story here.

• 8 months later...

Sen. Clinton seeks 'Grand Theft' sex scene probe

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Sen. Hillary Clinton pressed on Thursday for a government investigation into how simulated sex cropped up in a modified version of the blockbuster criminal adventure video game "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas."

Clinton asked the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to investigate the origins of a downloadable modification that allows simulated sex in the personal computer version of one of the most popular and controversial video games in history.

"We should all be deeply disturbed that a game which now permits the simulation of lewd sexual acts in an interactive format with highly realistic graphics has fallen into the hands of young people across the country," Clinton wrote in a letter to the head of the Federal Trade Commission.

Read entire story here.

"We should all be deeply disturbed that a game which now permits the simulation of lewd sexual acts in an interactive format with highly realistic graphics has fallen into the hands of young people across the country," Clinton wrote in a letter to the head of the Federal Trade Commission.

More fun than training wheels :lol:

Before I go any further, I offer no opinions.

However, here is my theory on what will happen to Rockstar, etc, etc..

If the mod simply activated the "scenes" and they already existed (meaning the devs left the code in) then Rockstar, etc, is in deep shit.

However, if the mod created the "scenes", then this uproar will fade.

We'd much rather them be shooting pedestrians, than learning about the truly violent world of procreation.

To be fair, "they" probably don't wan't the violence either, but are powerless over giving it an AO rating for violence.

So really, if Rockstar is responsible for the code, then they are shooting themselves in the foot.

We'd much rather them be shooting pedestrians, than learning about the truly violent world of procreation.

:lol: (in a Homer voice:) it's funny cuz it's true.

It's the American paradox.

Acceptable statement:

I wanna fuckin shoot you!

Punishable statement:

I wanna fuckin hump yer brains out!

Hack somebodies head off on tv? Sure! Show every shirtless redneck wrestling with the police? That's what I call entertainment! Janet Jackson's nipple? That is just obscene!

Here's an article on the Grand Theft Auto controversy - apparently Hot Coffee unlocks the code, which is widely available on the web

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/celeb/article.a...715033609990007

• 2 weeks later...

OMG - now they want a congressional investigation

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4717139.stm

More on the Hillary Clinton hijinx:

http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2005/07/...heft/index.html

This really is stupid. The GTA series owes its success to publicity like this, but I want to know if these people even know what they are complaining about anymore.

GTA sex scandal hits Australia

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, has effectively been banned in Australia because of hidden sex scenes.

Shops have been ordered to stop selling the blockbuster game after the country's ratings board stripped it of its official classification.

The row is over graphic sexual content in the game which can be unlocked with software created by a fan.

Leading US stores stopped selling the game after it was rated as an adults only title due to the graphic scenes.

"Businesses that sell or hire computer games should remove existing stocks of this game from their shelves immediately," said the director of the ratings board, Des Clark.

"Parents are strongly advised to exercise caution in allowing children continued access to the game, particularly if they have might have access to the 'Hot Coffee' modification."

Read it all: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4728261.stm

That quote doesnt even make sense since under 15s shouldn't be playing by their laws anyway :wacko:

I played Vice City.

Interesting game. A huge world of game play (surpassed only by The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time as far as I'm concerned).

However it gets boring.

I mean, I get it already. I can murder people about 1,000 different ways, I can ingest drugs, I can ride lots of different vehicles, and I can go around generally acting like a mob character.

It sounds great but trust me, it gets boring really really fast. Even with the huge world, a lot of it is repeat scenery with the same dull buildings and such.

I've never played SA or any of the regular GTAs.