Afroman Brings the Ho Ho Ho's

Lord_of_the_Dense

HOLLYWOOD, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 15, 2004--Afroman, the clown prince of hemp, hip-hop and ho-downs will be releasing "Jobe Bells," a twelve-song compilation of holiday hilarity lampooning traditional yuletide classics. Produced by Po Boy and the 2Zigg Zaggs (Afroman's back-up group), "Jobe Bells" harkens back to the childhood days of school time spoofing on Christmas carols. "I wrote most of it when I was back in high school," smiles Afroman. "It was a black dude's version of Christmas in South Central." Look for songs like "Deck My Balls," "Violent Night," "O Chronic Tree," and "The 12 J's of Christmas" among others.

"It's a great album to sneak away from the relatives with your friends, go in the car and have a listen to while you sneak a cigarette," laughs Afroman. "The holiday season is about laughter and happiness, and this will bring you both by the bucketful, especially if your holiday season is a bit bleak, and mine were pretty much like that a lot of the time. I grew up in South Central so I had to make comedy out of whatever I had."

"Jobe Bells" continues Afroman's reign as the Earl of urban hip-hop humor. "I'm a funny rapper -- I'm peaceful. I don't rap about killing people. I find lighthearted things to rap about, and I'd rather make people laugh. I represent the average person that likes to just go out and drink a beer, smoke a joint, laugh, dance and go home."

Read entire story here.