Azureus problems

pupubhai

hello, i'm using azureus on a 56kb dial-up line (getting a 1024kbps adsl line next week). okay, i accept the fact that download speed on a dial-up connection which averages 2.2kB/s is ghastly, but why does azureus download more discarded data than the good one (for example on a 60mb file, when about 25mb was downloaded, there was about 18mb discarded data, which means i had downloaded 25mb, but got only 7mb useable data). checking up the console showed the facts.

xx.xx.xx.xx is sending packet xxxx->xxxx but is being discarded as unrequested for

now downloading the same file using `BT' showed only 1mb as redundant data. why are these two behaving in two different ways?

also the same torrent when being downloaded with `BT' shows about 4 seeds and 10 odd peers, but with `azureus' the figures are: 15 seeds (80 in swarm); 30 peers (217 in swarm). would be extremely grateful to anyone who could solve this mystery... cheers & sunshine... pupubhai

I heard someone complain about this with dialup before. BT is completely pointless with dialup. Wait until your 1mbit is hooked up and try again. I had also heard that the figure is higher with Azureus over the generic client.

My guess is that other people are trying to send you data, but you reject it as your download is maxed. I don't know if that is even close to being right, so only content yourself with it until your BB is hooked up!

I'm reluctant to go searching for answers, as I'm waiting for broadband myself at the moment. You should know how long everything takes to load!

The seeds and peers thing is just how the clients work. Don't worry about it. Once you are sorted with BB, I wouldn't recommend the generic client. Stick with Azureus, as it is argueably the best and you all ready have it. The generic client is more of an example than anything else.

• 4 months later...

Well i have got the same problem or not (well i dont know what is the problem) :S

I have a 2 megabit connection but I have a router. My problem is that I am downloading with max 5kb/sec and uploading with 15kb/sec

I dont know what is the problem with that... availabilty is 75... so I cant say there are uploaders... I dont know how to open my ports on my router:( but in azureus I did the incoming TCP port 80 which is the port to use on the webs no?

I still have got the same problem... once they told me that if you seed many files you download with much more speed and that is true because I started downloading with 160kb/sec

Can someone help me about this?

• 5 months later...
I dont know what is the problem with that... availabilty is 75... so I cant say there are uploaders... I dont know how to open my ports on my router:( but in azureus I did the incoming TCP port 80 which is the port to use on the webs no?

Port 80 is not open to receive incoming connections. The port 80 used over the web is for you to initiate connections with open web servers. It's outgoing, it's not the same thing.

What you need is the ability to receive incoming connections.

You need to forward ports in your router. If you don't know how, I might be able to help you.

Provide your router make and model.

• 3 weeks later...

Hai Ken,

I am sending the reply for the post that u have sent to the attached post below.

Port 80 is not open to receive incoming connections. The port 80 used over the web is for you to initiate connections with open web servers. It's outgoing, it's not the same thing.

What you need is the ability to receive incoming connections.

You need to forward ports in your router. If you don't know how, I might be able to help you.

Provide your router make and model

Well ken this is sunny how do u get to know the model of the router in a big network also if u know how to enable other open ports to send the incoming and outgoing connections please let me know.

Well basically i have very less i dea about port forwarding in routers.

Also how to know which are the ports open in a network or not.

Also do u know any commands that are used to check the open ports in a local computer.

Well also even if u open the ports in the router in a large network how will u come to know the traffic is only through that router only since the network will be having a lot of routers and bridges interconnected right.

If u have suggestions as to how u have to make the P2P to work in a big network please help me out KEN.

Well waiting for ur reply...........

Thanks

Regards,

Sunil.................(Sunny)

Hai Ken,

Hey this is sunny again i also know the external IP address of my router now how would i come to know how to open the ports the applications like soulseek and azureus use if u have any idea about how to do it help me ok

Then the IP is IP: 15.219.201.69 ok

Well when i ran a test for the port in soul seek this was the result i got if u have any idea as to what could be done help me out k

The result was a follows IP: 15.219.201.69 Port: 5787/tcp CLOSED

Well thanks thats all for now.................

Waiting for ur reply.........

Thanks,

Regards,

Sunny.........