Ok, Time To Fess Up ...

HolyMoly

I realize it's still early in the Presidential campaign ... but I'd be interested in knowing what other people's preferences are. Sadly, the people I prefer never seem to make it past the primaries ... so maybe I'm a curse (grin). But, so far in this campaign, I'm a supporter of General Wesley Clark ... even though his most prominent celebrity supporter is (ahem) Madonna.

I'm not yet familiar enough with the candidates to have an informed opinion on this one. But with the capture of Saddam, George W. is probably going to be a shoe-in. Unfortunately!!

Perhaps ... but his Gulf War victory (for a far more legitimate reason) didn't help his father a year later. The economy may be doing better ... but a lot of economists have referred to it as a "jobless recovery." Unemployed people vote, too ... and so do underemployed people (laid off tech workers working at Burger King). The economy did in his father ... and may do him in as well.

But, I suspect that if Howard Dean is the Democratic candidate, Bush will be a shoe-in. It will take someone more centrist to topple Bush.

I'm for Clark. Not one American soldier lost his live in Bosnia. He has a Doctorate in Economics. And he has an interesting family background; Father was Jewish, mother was Southern Baptist, and he married a Catholic. He represents the real melting pot. No one gave this man a Silver spoon--he earned his way.

I think the portrayal of Dean as another McGovern is a crock of shit. I also think his rival democrats have taken the low ride by attacking him--and they are idiots for doing so. Remember when the Republicans used to drag out the word liberal as if the liberals had communist sympathies. I'm a liberal--and I firmly believe I'm far more patriotic about this country and its citizens than these people will ever be. The Republicans are sell outs to the corporate mentality of the bottom line, where numbers are more important than people. Fuck them!

One of my clients is gonna work for Dean in New Hampshire, and another friend has hosted him here in California. If he's the nominee I will vote for him in a NY second and happily send my hundred bucks to support his campaign.

I'm not so sure that Bush is a shoe-in. Our big recovery accounted for a gain of only a thousand jobs last month--and remember that was during the Xmas holidays when seasonal hiring picks up. One thousand jobs is a joke. And the whole Iraq thing was a switch and bait to make up for what his dad didnt finish If you look at the front page of the Drudge Report today, Wolfawiz and the Bush administration clearly intended to attack Iraq well before 911 took place. I think its criminal they used terrorist as the excuse to do it. Where is Osama Bin Laden, and how effective have we been on curtailing terrorism??? That's the big question and no one knows. Bush may have gotten into gear after 911, but he ignored Clinton administration warnings. The recent 911 report clearly indicates this - 911 should not have happened. Instead, all we see from the right wing is finger pointing at Clinton to cover Bush's failings.

What people have to remember is this: Dean isn't an extremist--but just about everyone in the Bush regime is. So much for their passionate conservatism bullshit. The Bush regime are extemists on environmental issues. The Bush regime are extremists about tax cuts. The Bush regime are extremists about education. And finally, the Bush regime are extremists about foreign policy. For the first time in our diplmatic history, they've adopted a first strike policy, and they've offended just about every civilized country in the world with their cocky 'its our way or the highway" attitude.

Helen Thomas, the sage white house vet reporter who has covered every administration since FDR, summed it up best: "They are the worst administation in US history."

I've never voted for the "lesser of two evils" before. Either my chosen candidate makes it past the primary and I vote for him (or her) ... or I end up writing in my own name (grin) or casting a protest vote. When George Bush Sr. ran against Clinton, I wrote in the name of Lyndon LaRouche. One one hand, I saw Bush as having a part in the Iran-Contra scandal. On the other hand, I saw Gore as having a smoking gun in his own closet ... namely, the soft-money scandal involving Buddhist monks donating to the DNC ... followed closely by the transfer of sensitive technology to the Chinese. I looked at it this way. LaRouche admitted to his crimes before he spent time in prison ... and, if you're going to have a crook in office, you might as well have an honest crook (snicker).

For fun, visit the Skeleton Closet website.

Until the origin-source of that DNC contribution from the Buddhist temple is pinned down (probably never will be), I won't know what to believe. The only thing that is known is that the contribution was made and, at the time, Gore was DNC fundraising chair. He claims he doesn't know the origin source. I find that a bit too naive to be believable.

Point is, when such a large contribution is made, there's usually a quid pro quo expected ... which is something else we'll probably never know. No evidence of wrongdoing, maybe, but a definite smoking gun.

I think the whole campaign financing trip is corrupt. But I think in this specific case, it was all about this guy trying to get access--I doubt any quid pros quos was promised beyond that--I dont see Gore as that type of guy.

Last week, I was listening to Rush Limbaugh's radio show and heard him get roundly embarrassed by a Wesley Clark supporter. Limbaugh was railing about Clark's speech he made a couple of years ago, purportedly supporting Bush (or any President) using pre-emptive force ... and saying his current stand on Iraq constituted a "flip-flop." The Clark supporter called up and read the "rest" of the speech, where Clark said the reasons for a pre-emptive strike against Iraq were not there yet ... proving that Limbaugh (and other neo-cons) were taking Clark's comments out of context. The supporter was still reading the remainder of the speech when Limbaugh hung up on him (hehe), then said something along the lines of "You're confusing the facts with lies" (snicker) ... and how HE (Limbaugh) had been in the "business" long enough to know when he was hearing lies. Then, very quickly, Limbaugh changed the subject to Howard Dean, hehe. Normally. Limbaugh is quicker than that about hanging up on people calling him out. I think he's slowing down a bit, hehe.

I'll vote for Karamanlis. Hey, we have elections too in a month lol

Method, if you can give us a good English version site that compares the different candidates, I'll be more than happy to look it over and tell you who to vote for. :P

I'm not too familliar with the details of each candidate yet, but I can say that Bush has screwed things up -- mainly with this 'war'. And I lost my faith in Dean when I discovered his rigid tax policy. So is there any middle ground? I hope so, because maybe then they will win my vote. Until then, I need to do more research first....

major issues are unemployment climbing, prices going up (due to the euro) and bureaucrasy. Also these guys didn't defend Greece's right in the european parliament that well. they've been in power 8 years so I think it's time for the other major party to step up. Karamanlis is young and he stands somewhere in the middle. Neither left or right even though noone really stands anywhere cause that's what modern democracy demands.

• 1 month later...

lol. Well, my predictions were way off. The General never got any momentum, so I switched to Edwards. Im still kind of surprised as to how Kerry got all that traction...

It's gonna be Kerry and Bush, no doubt.

And I don't know enough about Kerry to know who I like better.

My dad just votes for the lesser of the two evils. I think that's how I'll go too.

I support some of Ralph Nader's ideas.... 

Truthfully, I'll probably vote for Bush.

Nader or Bush... Dont you think they are polar opposiites?

I support some of Ralph Nader's ideas.... 

Truthfully, I'll probably vote for Bush.

Nader or Bush... Dont you think they are polar opposiites?

Indeed I do. I just don't want to see a democrat in the white house (again).

The Clinton years were alright, but not the best.

Well, with all do respect, I do want to see a Democrat in office. I cant think of one good reason to vote for George Bush--we do not agree on anything. While I think both parties are too vested in special interests, there is one party, and only one party that cares about every day folks--about health care--about jobs for all--that has a tolerance for all religions and all points of views--that doesnt thumb its nose at the rest of the world--that believes in freee speech and equal treatment under the law--that doesnt cow to corporate America--that believes in a woman's right to choose--that believes gays should not be discriminated against--that believes in fair taxes--that will protect social security--that believes corporate America has a responsibility not to oursource jobs--that cares about the environment--that doesnt believe in sending our men and women off to war to finish what your father couldnt finish-- Now that may sound like a laundry list, but I think even this time around even Ralph Nader will vote democratic... but I will bite my tongue, Bombadier...something about your avatar says I better walk softly lol

Like California, I just think the American people want a change... you can feel it in the air...and this time it will be a Democrat

I'm a liberal--and I firmly believe I'm far more patriotic about this country and its citizens than these people will ever be

thank you Dude, my feelings exactly and why i'm so pissed off since november 2000 (made worse by amerika sucking gwb's dick, not from love but paranoia).

The Clinton years were alright, but not the best.

do you think they were more 'alright' than what we have now, Bombardier? if so, let's go out back and 'talk,' ok? :lol: