looking for a good jukebox program

megabitch

I can not find a specific topic to put this, and I think that there must be someone who can help me here.

We use 'eJukebox 3.71' for playing our music.

This program uses a Internet D-Base to display on the screen what you hear. It makes many mistakes Byrds; the Byrds, Birds, the Birds - so you never have all songs of one artist together. On top of that it makes even worse mistakes: a single, Jumping Jack Flash by the Stones has suddenly changed in Nitzer Ebb, I Give To You (only on the display).

I am looking for a program that can shuffle RANDOM (eJukebox uses your old playlists to pick out the shuffle-tracks) and that uses MY OWN d-base.

Do you know such a program?

the problem with your program not working could be in the ID3 tag of the mp3's rather than in the program itself. If the wrong information has been given in the first place, then that's all the jukebox has to go on. Good and all as these programs are, they arent so hot on using initiative :)

Try editing the tags... that might fix the problem.

or you could try Netjuke.

http://www.netjuke.org/

To run your own database with Netjuke requires a web server, php and mySQL running on your computer.

Thank you, I'll figure that URL out as soon as I have a few hours left.

It goes without saying that I tried to - and succeeded - to manage my own tags.

But eJukebox does not use them. It keepes on dragging info from the internet. We seem to have no influence on that at all!!

There are nice things about it. We get all kinds of really nice CD covers on the screen, other than our own. But the disadvantages are far more.....

But I will soon take a closer look at the url you suggested.

I can not find a specific topic to put this, and I think that there must be someone who can help me here.

We use 'eJukebox 3.71' for playing our music.

This program uses a Internet D-Base to display on the screen what you hear. It makes many mistakes Byrds; the Byrds, Birds, the Birds - so you never have all songs of one artist together. On top of that it makes even worse mistakes: a single, Jumping Jack Flash by the Stones has suddenly changed in Nitzer Ebb, I Give To You (only on the display).

I am looking for a program that can shuffle RANDOM (eJukebox uses your old playlists to pick out the shuffle-tracks) and that uses MY OWN d-base.

Do you know such a program?

MUSICMATCH Jukebox 9.0

van http://www.musicmatch.com

is that the program you need??????????????????

greating from Dutch-Online

thanks Dutch, I'll figure it out. I'll tell you later.

@ Umma. :wub:

I looked up yours, but.... I'm 50! This is way to complicated for me....

I will never be able to manage that on my own.

It is a WONDERFUL programm, it sure is.

But not what I was looking for.

Thanks anyway!