Two New Roger Waters Songs available as downloads

roger_waters.jpgEssential New Tracks Penned in Response to the Invasion of Iraq

NEW YORK, Sept. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Roger Waters, the co-founder and primary songwriter of the legendary rock band Pink Floyd, has written and recorded two important new songs, "To Kill The Child" and "Leaving Beirut," the artist's first new studio recordings since a pair of rarities -- a demo of his composition "Flickering Flame" and his cover of Bob Dylan's "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" -- appeared on an international compilation album, Flickering Flame: The Solo Years, Vol.1, in 2002. The last new album featuring original Roger Waters compositions to be released in the U.S. was his critically- acclaimed solo outing, Amused To Death, in 1992.

The two new Roger Waters songs -- "To Kill The Child" and "Leaving Beirut" -- will be made available on a variety of digital music stores -- including SonyConnect, iTunes, BuyMusic, MusicMatch, MusicNet, MusicNow, Napster, Real/Rhapsody, and Walmart.com--beginning Tuesday, September 7.

Roger Waters fans may hear streaming versions of "To Kill The Child" and "Leaving Beirut" on Waters website, http://www.roger-waters.com, beginning at 12noon (ET) on Friday, September 3. Original artwork and lyrics for the songs may be found on the website in addition to Real Audio, QuickTime, and Windows Media stream links to the songs.

Read entire story here.

Man, I wish I could download those songs :( . But I need to get a sound card for my computer, right now I can't even play a cd on it....

And I bet they sound GREAT! Anything from Roger Waters sounds great. Can't wait to hear his opera either......

p2pnet.net News:- Pink Floyd's Roger Waters is using the Net to promote two new songs.

Streaming versions are on his web page.....http://www.roger-waters.com/

but To Kill The Child and Leaving Beirut won't be available from sites in the real world - that's to say on the p2p networks.

Instead, they're being peddled through various corporate music sites supplied and supported by the Big Four record label cartel.

(Tuesday 7th September 2004)

http://p2pnet.net/story/2369