Eminem Gearing Up To Release New Album

Lord_of_the_Dense

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Aug. 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Multi-platinum artist Eminem is readying his upcoming album, ENCORE, for a November 16 release on Aftermath/Interscope Records.

ENCORE will be the first full album of new Eminem material since 2002's THE EMINEM SHOW, which spawned the hit singles "Without Me" and "Cleanin' Out My Closet." That album went on to sell over 19 million albums worldwide. He followed up in November 2002 with MUSIC FROM AND INSPIRED BY THE MOTION PICTURE '8 MILE', which featured the Academy Award winning song "Lose Yourself" and sold almost 9 million copies worldwide. Earlier this year, Eminem's group D-12 released D-12 WORLD (global sales over 3 million) and scored hits with "My Band" and "How Come".

Source

I used to love Eminem. It is the perfect teenage music. Rebellious. I never liked that screaming and shouting pain music, so Eminem it was.

I still do like some of his tracks (EDIT: That makes me sound old! You know what I mean)- Stan, Loose Yourself, Drugs Ballad and a few others - but I don't love his music just because he sang it like I used to.

The Eminem Show is still to this day the only legit music CD I own.

• 2 months later...

An Early 'Encore' for Eminem ... Release Date Moved to November 12 to Shortcut Internet Piracy and Bootlegging

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Nov. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Due to rabid demand, Eminem's new album, "Encore" (Aftermath/Interscope), has been moved to an earlier street date of November 12. Both the regular version of the album and the Collector's Edition, featuring special packaging and a free ringtone, will be available on the new date.

Steve Berman, Interscope Geffen A&M head of sales and marketing, commented: "This is something we have been anticipating. Once we had all of our pieces together we started a discussion as to whether Encore should come early. We knew there would be a tremendous demand for this album. On our end, we were ready ... we just had to press the button on the date."

Eminem has sold over 50 million albums worldwide to date. Encore is his fourth album release for Aftermath/Interscope.

Source