BK's Pet Thread

rainbowdemon

My dog...Chicca (read Kicca) (1990-2001 r.i.p.) :(

gorgeous doggie. i still can't look at pics of Peter w/o getting teary. (1991-2005. RIP my sweet little boy)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hunter looks bigger than he is cause of his furryness. when he jumps in the bath w/me after he's toweldried he's this skinny little thing.

WF, i have heavy doggy envy going on over here. :)

why? cause he's skinny when wet?

oh wait, lol, you have my permission to jump in my bathtub anytime. if that's what you mean (dunno, i'm confused for a change).

I know we all think are pets are special and all, but I've gotta say Mr. Boo is in a class of his own. Not only does he carry out conversations with me, he does things I've never seen another cat do. For instance, he prefers to walk on the circular brick path, not the grass--so if I'm crossing the grass, he will take the 270 degree brick path to the same destination; maybe he thinks the grass is dirty :lol:

Anyway, today he did this new trick. We have a concrete wall next to the carport which is made of lattice concrete blocks, which are stacked on top of each other. (I've attached something similar looking, but the real blocks actually have a slightly different design and are turned up, not on their side, but whatever). Now Mr. Boo likes to hang out in the neighbor's sidewalk, and the concrete wall separates it from our driveway. So I called for him: the next thing you know, I look over, and he is pulling himself up, by sticking his right arm thru the hole in the concrete block, then putting his left arm thru the one on top, until he pulls/climbs up about 12 of these blocks to the top of the wall. I've never seen a cat climb a ladder/do pullups until today--he got a fresh can of tuna for that trick.

post-9-1176532367.jpg

post-9-1176532380.jpg

:drool:

:lol: hey it's only 3,000 miles away, dude. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

...meet the latest additions to the Kiwi family.....2 piggies...1 male...1 female...their names are Zip and Zap...named after 2 old biker mates of mine... :lol: :lol:

post-193-1178411974_thumb.jpg

post-193-1178411995_thumb.jpg

post-193-1178412065_thumb.jpg

post-193-1178412094_thumb.jpg

post-193-1178412140_thumb.jpg

post-193-1178412170_thumb.jpg

they're smart, too

yus indeed...these two think that they`re very smart...and no wonder, with a mountain of food scraps to gorge themselves on and a paddock to roll around in...

:lol:

• 2 months later...

I've always wanted a pet pig, but you can't have them in the city limits where I'm from :( oh well, c'est la vie!

I've got 9 fish and 1 cat!

Fish:

male Beta: Chewbacca he's large and very intimidating to other fish and to my cat, she doesn't bother him!

female Beta: Betty Boop! she's just as bright as the male but has very short fins

Neon Tetras (3): no names, can't tell them apart to there's no point really :/

Serpae Tetras (3): again no names since you can't tell them apart.

Plecostomus: Felix! because plecos are similar to cat fish and Felix the cat was the best cat ever!

Cat:

J3lly B3an, named after my nickname and she lives up to it well because shes sweet and everyone wants her :P She's from a litter of 5, 3 of which are still accounted for. They were: Phr34k (my other cat who I had to give away), Presley, Steven, J3lly B3an and Tess. Tess was the oddball runt of the litter, all the others are black and white generic domestic short hairs and she looked more like Hunter, (the fluffy cat I've seen a few times in this thread) only she was all gray. Sadly she was very sick and one night curled up in bed with one of the children in the house and died. Poor kid! she was so upset when she woke up :( Steven still lives with the family, Presley was taken home by my best friend's parents, I took Phr34k and J3lly B3an.

Pic! j3llyb3anandphr34k003ra2.jpg

Phr34k is on the left looking all cute and innocent and J3lly B3an is on the right looking about as metal as she can get!

Phr34k: I loved her so much! but she was getting horribly out of hand, she would kick the crap out of J3lly B3an and got into the gross habit of pissing on everything in my home... I drew the line when she left a large puddle on the top of my laptop... She was given to an animal shelter just as they were starting their big spring/summer adoption craze. I called in a few days later to see if she'd been taken home by anyone and she was :D Lovely cat, just needs to be on her own.

This is Mr. Darcy, he's my aunts rather large and in charge cat of goodness. He loves visitors and everytime I stay the night over there I wake up with him sleeping on my stomach hehe, he's awesome.

darcyclaimedmyfootinthevp9.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...