BK's Pet Thread

rainbowdemon

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we have a uber-bossy one eyed cat, but it can't live in this rental place so it's with my mother-in-law.

We do have fish.

1 Beta named ~ something? Our oldest girl named it and I can't remember for the life of me what the name was.

1 Loach named ~ Snake (pretty fitting if you know what a loach looks like)

1 Rainbow Shark named ~ Red (quietest fish on earth)

1 Red Finned Shark named ~ Slick (one fat bugger)

Mr. Boo is a very impressive cat. He was also the inspiration for this thread.

Mr. Boo appreciates the compliment - he's a pedigree Ocecat - a friend gave him to me because he was too unruly - just like his new master :) It looks like you have a nice family, too - they seem very content.

Absolutely, he was playing up for his audience.

What is a Loach?

It's a somewhat ugly fellow, with a snake-like body. I'll post a pic of one here.

This is pretty close to life-size, but our guy is about 2 inches longer.

post-59-1073367429_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Rainbow posted this several months ago when BK was just starting to get off the ground. The membership has expanded since that time, so its time to post your pet(s)!

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

Is a loach what I like to call a "sucker fish" that's supposed to keep the tank clean or something like that?

EDIT: I'll post my dog when I take a picture of him:D

This is Para. He's a lurcher, which is a greyhound cross (with any one of a number of breeds). They're bred mostly for hare coursing and other country 'sports' that game keepers loathe. I got this fella from the animal shelter last year. He was missing most of the hair off his rear end, tail and back due to maltreatment. He's come on well and is a really placid good natured dog considering all he's been through. Of course he's spoilt rotten now :)

smiley.JPG

paramilitary.jpg

This is our dog Elvis. He's a Jack Russell Terrier, 3 1/2 years old. We've had him since he was 6 weeks old, when he was about the size of my hand. You'll notice he has no tail....at birth his mother, for some reason, chewed it off. He's named Elvis for that reason...he doesn't have a tail to wag, so he wags his hips, just as Elvis did in the early days when the Ed Sullivan TV show would only show him from the waist up.

post-59-1080568122_thumb.jpg

We actually just got a kitten. She's a little Siamese, and she's absolutely adorable. My oldest girl named her......Dora (the explorer).

everyone's pets are so beautiful. malicious, did you ever want one?

this is peter, i saved him from the shelter as a kitten when some guy messed him up in 1991 and broke almost every bone in his body. his tail is still fucked and i have to pull it really hard about three or four times a day; he loves that.

post-59-1080575995_thumb.jpg