Headbanger's Ball

Lord_of_the_Dense

Not too long ago I posted an article from the NYTimes which said the major experimentation in music was being done in the Metal. So I have some catchup work to do, and it looks like you are on top of it, so Im paying attention

:guns2::guns2::guns2::thefinger08::thefinger08::guns6::guns6::guns6::mad3::mad3::mad3::thefinger07::thefinger07::rocket::rocket::rocket::rant2::rant2::rant2::censored::censored:

I just KNEW I had a reason to HATE BRIGHTHOUSE NETWORKS.

All the time I was installing DirecTv, we took BrightHouse's pissed-off customers. I developed a biased opinion based on their point of view rather than my own. I was almost at the point of being neutral now that I've been working in the warehouse. I knew there was rumour that they would be taking over Suddenlink Communications (which replaced Cox Communications here), but nothing was ever readily apparent. So upon paying my bill 2 days ago, I notice a big "bright" BrightHouse sign at the payment office. Uh-oh.

I go in and find out it had just changed within the past week and a half. OK, well when were they going to tell me, the customer? "Oh you should have received something in the mail. I mentioned my slight distaste with the BrightHouse name, payed my bill and left (lost my cellphone that day too). I then checked the mail and found a new channel lineup. Didn't think to check at that moment what my greatest fear would be.

So, in lieu of missing last week's HBB for reasons I could not fathom, I decided to prepare it tonight. Bringing up the on-screen channel guide, I go looking for the familiar location of MTv2.

GONE.

WTF! (See emoticons above...add emphasis)

I check the mailed channel guide and there it is...part of an Entertainment Tier I have to now pay EXTRA for. Bull-fucking-shit.

These bastards have one chance to fix this. If they don't, I'm going to DirecTv. Sure, they'll jack up my Cable internet rate, but I'll save money with my employee discount. And get more channels to boot. I wish today wasn't Saturday.

And to think a Cingular rep tried to get me to sign up for Dish Network yesterday. WHILE I had my DirecTv shirt on. I think she thought her large boobs would make the sale. Almost.

Pardon the hiatus, folks. This was beyond my knowldedge and control, but I'm working on fixing it. Your headbanger thread should be restored within 1-4 weeks., depending on what these bastards do.

Argh.

Brighthouse failed.

I will be setting up the satellite and hopefully will have an approved account within 2 weeks.

cool.

• 2 years later...

Did I say two weeks?

I apparently meant 2 years. As of last Saturday, I finally got my MTV2 back. And free everything. Cheaper bills are nice. :)

SO... due to wonderful end-of-month inventory, I had to wait several days until I could watch my recording of Headbanger's Ball. So I fire up the old (NEW) HD-DVR and play my show.

Much to my dismay, Jamie Jasta is still hosting the show. But it seems, someone or something has a very crude sense of humour. It wasn't just Jamie Jasta, IT WAS AN ENTIRE FUCKING HOUR OF HIS BAND HATEBREED!! :mad3::mad3::mad3:

So much for setting sail again. Guess I'll have to sate my metal hunger with VH1 Classic's Metal Mayhem.

So, regarding the 2 years, I was holding out for Local HD broadcasts (via satellite) for Bakersfield for the past year. I watch more prime-time than anything and it just seemed a waste knowing I was leaving at some point. Plus, due to the wiring and the architecture of my home, it wasn't practical to install there. And I sure as hell wasn't going to compromise the cable internet connection I had.

If time presents itself, maybe I will pen here again. Or this too may become a metal classic, like the original show.

• 2 years later...

I know up and coming bands need to make money but more should be working toward a cause!

Heard Seven Day Sonnet and Sugar Red Drive are kicking off the Fallen Heroes Rising Rock Tour that donates proceeds to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund...
great people and great music...

http://rockaccess.net/2011/09/27/seven-day-sonnet-announce-tour-with-sugar-red-drive/

• 1 year later...

No, it's not a new installment. Just an "update" of sorts. I guess you could say life got in the way since my last post. That and I wasn't interested in Jamey Jasta hosting. With the show being out-of-sight, out-of mind, I allowed it to fade. Now, with my resurgence, I am with knowledge of a few things:

[list]
[*]I am in a position where I cannot get MTV2 and will probably not have it again until I leave the state I am in.
[*]Jamey Jasta is no longer hosting and the new host has been there since the end of 2011.
[*]The show has not had a new episode since September of last year.
[/list]

If the series returns and has web versions, I will do what I can to resurrect what I began. Thanks to everyone who followed during this thread's heyday.

-LotD

[i](Note: Nearly 6 years worth of the show can be found [url="http://www.mtv.com/shows/headbangers_ball/video.jhtml#videoModuleListing"]here[/url] for those that want to check out past episodes.)[/i]

• 10 years later...