Who's your favorite pop artist?

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

Pop, that is a tough one. Mainly because I'm not sure what others call pop.

I'm going to go with Pink. I mean, you have to appreciate somebody that spends that much time crafting the image of an uncrafted image. LOL No really, I like several of her songs.

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

She certainly is expendible ... I think that's the right word... She first came out on the scene doing R&B music with hits like "Most Girls" then switched over to a metal/pop sound and I've heard her do many genres and lately I thought I heard her doing a country song or something... Pink is good...

• 3 weeks later...

Pop Artist is a pretty broad category--by Pop I'm gonna assume you mean what we hear on the radio. Of the new artists, I like John Mayer--I think he's a talented songwriter and guitarist.

John Mayer and Pink are definitely awesome. I'm getting a lot of Christina Aguilera and am really liking it...but its definitely not for everyone. She has a really bright sound, plus there is kind of a stigma attached to listening to her...but some songs like beautiful, are really really good pop songs.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

id have 2 say christina aguilera is pretty damn talented, her latest album "stripped" is ok but only the songs youve heard are bangin.. in the way of 'wats on the radio now' i think blonk 182 are totally happenin, even if u dont pik up tha eazy dun lyrics you can always hum along! :D

post-102-1086328057.gif

• 4 weeks later...
She certainly is expendible ... I think that's the right word... She first came out on the scene doing R&B music with hits like "Most Girls" then switched over to a metal/pop sound and I've heard her do many genres and lately I thought I heard her doing a country song or something... Pink is good...

She is starring as Janis Joplin in:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384141/

She is doing all of the singing as I have heard...

Thanks dude.

People kept telling me to check out this site and I do love to talk about music. Then tonight I just decided to sign up. I don't know how I ended up on that post first, but oh well. I'm going to look around some more. Looks like you guys have a good thing going here.

I'd have to say Avril Lavigne because of her being able to do rock songs that are enjoyable

:sick: :sick:

I think I made my point.

There are a few tolerable pop artists out there right now....can't think of any off the top of my head but there has to be a few.

Are we talking Pop music of today? Cause what we consider classic rock was once pop.

I really like Joss Stone. She has more soul in her than....welll you'll have to listen to feel it.

This wasn't supposed to be the world's first taste of Joss Stone. We just

got lucky. As Joss was preparing to record what was supposed to be her debut

album, she was introduced to some of the legends whose classic records she

loved: The "Clean Up Woman," Miss Betty Wright, Timmy "Why Can't We Live

Together" Thomas...

http://www.s-curverecords.com/joss/

post-102-1088609624.jpg

I really like Joss Stone. She has more soul in her than....welll you'll have to listen to feel it.

I have to agree... just caught a snippet of her set at Glastonbury on tv.

She has great confidence and a powerful voice for a 17 year old.

Joss Stone!

Saw her at Music Midtown in Atlanta,GA... increadible! One show made me a fan.. and she's only 17! --> package enough to make a fella want to break the law again and again and again and again.