concerts in houston, tx

moonglow

You are so right about the rain............It was a great concert.......and tomorrow night will be even better........... :lol::lol: at least for me :lol::lol:

hey you want to hear something really strange Moodyblue.......

Bert from the Bert and Ernie show was very accomidating tonight :lol::lol::lol:

I was amazed..........got me pass sheets and a set list, I could have been knocked over with a feather :o:o:o :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:o WOW.....you mean someone at the pavilion actually did something nice?!!!

(I know there are some nice people still there, but very few)....guess I have been there too long....

But that was pretty cool of Bert to do that for you.......oh, I did tell Johanna what we talked about on the way out...

PROJEKT REVOLUTION came to the Pavilion (Woodlands,TX) on 8/22.....

They had a stage set up in the Gold lot (fenced off) and some other things going on there (don't know what, never made it over there). This area got started at 1:30pm

On this stage were:

Mike V and The Rats

Instruction

Downset

No Warning

Ghostface and

Funeral 4 A Friend

On the Main stage we had:

Less Than Jake

The Used

Snoop Dogg

Urban Action Figure

Korn

Z-Trip (ended up canceling)

Linkin Park

The music all day was loud and some of it not very good. Korn did their version of Pink Floyd's 'Another Brick in the Wall' and 'Goodbye Cruel World', they actually did a half way decent job on both songs. I think 'Another Brick' is on their new album. Linkin Park did okay. I really don't know any of their songs, so I can't say much about them. But they sure had the crowd going.

It looked like Woodstock on the lawn/hill. We had some bad weather come through and the hill has been wet pretty much all week so that didn't help any. People were sliding down the hill. Most of them left covered in mud. And Thank God we didn't have to pick up lawn chairs!!

I had to pick them up on saturday night....well, I helped to stack them instead....they don't pay me enough to go and slip in the mud and break something.....

Someone got fired, because they refused to go up and help....they were fired by our favorite supervisor that we love to hate!! :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

:lol::lol: Ummmm could that favorite supers name start with an "S" :lol::lol::lol:

anyways, I'm kind of late with the Thin Lizzy, Joe Satrani, Deep Purple concert thing but......Here goes.....

Worked on the floor and all sounded remarkably good!

Thin Lizzy; only did 5 songs (45 mins worth) it was the old stuff and sounded for the most part like the real thing

Joe Satrani really was good, he came out sans hair (shaved head) and at first I didn't recognize who it was, but he got a fantastic response from all 4000+ fans

now to Deep Purple, they played for 90 mins, (damn they looked old :lol::lol: but aren't we all getting there :lol: ) sounded like Deep Purple (minus Ritchie Blackmore) it was kind of a chronology of hits, ending the evening with " from 1968, Hush" Think I liked Hush the best.....

Oh and by the way, didn't have to do lawn chairs that night cause everyone was moved to perferred seating........don;t know if it was lack of ticket sales or the torrential rains or the fact that fans of Linkin Park, Korn etc. had torn up the lawn/hill really bad

Edited by moonglow

Why yes his name does start with an S...I heard that he pissed off someone with Linkin Park....he had made some smart a** remark, and the guy did not like that very much and told him off...I can't wait for the day he either gets fired for his mouth going off or he quits.....

I almost went to Deep Purple, but didn't because of the storm.....I don't like driving in that stuff.....and I heard there was only 3,011 people....

I'm not at the pavilion until Sting...

Phil Collins was at the Toyota Center in Houston, TX on 9/5....Great show!!

It was the "First Final Farwell" tour (and he means it!!)

I was able to hear the show from where I was working...even had a chance to check some of it out......

Here is some of what he played (I wrote down the songs I knew)....not in order...

AGAINST ALL ODDS

TRUE COLORS

GROOVY KIND OF LOVE

BILLY (DON'T LOSE MY NUMBER)

ONE MORE NIGHT

MISSED AGAIN

ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE (this was a good one)

IN THE AIR TONIGHT

DANCE INTO THE LIGHT

YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE

TWO HEARTS

EASY LOVER

YOU'LL BE IN MY HEART (from the movie Tarzan)

SUSSUDIO (one of my favs)

TAKE ME HOME (1 of 2 encore songs)

I thought that "One More Night" sounded great. He had a good crowd, 11,000+. I have seen Phil three times now (worked two) and everytime has been great. He did come off the stage during "Sussudio", but only in the front row.

I think Phil really means that this his last tour...I heard from his merchandise guy that he only has about 5 or so shows left in the U.S and then he is going to take a year off and then go to Asia or something..... (don't think he will add any dates)

Phil's merchandise guy said that Phil was going to continue to do music for Disney movies after he is done with touring (and that he has another child on the way!)

Cher and Kiss.....wasn't Kiss supposed to have a farewell tour a few years ago?! And they are still out there on the road.....they were at the pavilion not too long ago...

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

Hey ... did either of you two work the Toby Keith concert on Saturday? I was in The Woodlands and parking was a mofo at the mall... Woodlands mall + all those new restaurants w/ valet + the concert = shitty parking lol :D

Beatfactory.....I worked the Toby Keith show (it was on a friday-the 13th) I worked on the floor aisle 1 at the gate that leads to the side of the stage (stage left facing the stage). I don't remember if Monnglow was there, I think she was. Did you go to the show?

And parking is a big pain....they now put up signs that say NO CONCERT PARKING TOWING ENFORCED.......or something like that....at the mall. They wont even let you park near the movie theater. We have to park in the 'silver lot' and ride the shuttle, next time your at the pavilion you can do that too. Or park in one of the other 'colored' lots...green, orange, blue, white (a real long walk), yellow (also a long walk) and the silver (ride shuttle) and the gold lot (which is right next to the pavilion, we share it with the Marriott, parking there is $10 for concerts and $5 for symphonies)

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

yeah you're right it was friday... i remember b/c it was raining when I went to the mall and at the theater... btw, that Cinemark "Tinseltown" is the smallest I've ever seen.

I didn't go to the show, but I was trying to park in the theater parking lot and there were barricades all over the place. My g/f's mom told us that the Toby Keith concert was taking place and that that was why there were barricades everywhere.

/me wonders what the incentives are to knowing someone who works the shows ... <_<

That Tinsletown only has 17 screens in it.

One incentive is that I (we, Moonglow and I) might be able to get you (or whoever) moved up to better seats.....depends on if the show is sold out or not...

Say you had seats on the lawn, you could be moved to the handicap section or sometimes even down closer.......I have managed to get a few of my friends moved up....so if you ever make it to the pavilion, let me know...

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I hate about my job is all the whining that goes on at concerts. I worked in the pit for the Sting and Annie Lennox show at the Woodlands Pavilion(9/18), the top dollar for those tickets was $253. And people who pay that much think they can do whatever they want!! All they do is complain! "I can't see, make them sit down" and so on.....And then they go and get stupid and argue with the one person who has the power the have them ejected from the show, the staff!!! I had one guy all most get in my face at the end over something, and all I could think was, keep it up pal!! All I did was move a mother and daughter to better seats so they could see, they knew they had to move. Anyway...

On to the show...

Opening was Sting's guitar player Dominic Miller, just him and his guitar and Sting came out and sang a song, SHAPE OF MY HEART. He also has a cd out.

All I can say about Annie Lennox is...WOW! She really puts on a good show. If you ever get the chance to see her, go. She looked and sounded great. The songs she did where: NO MORE 'I LOVE YOU'S, NO TURNING BACK, HERE COME THE RAIN, this song she played the piano, WALKING ON BROKEN GLASS, DONT MESS WITH A MISSIONARY MAN, SWEET DREAMS and TELL ME WHY.( she did do more, these are just the ones I wrote down)

Sting did a great job too. Here is his set list:

SEND YOUR LOVE, SYNCHRONICITY II, MAGIC, DEAD MAN'S ROPE, SEVEN DAYS, FRAGILE, FIELDS OF GOLD, SACRED LOVE, ENGLISHMAN, WHENEVER I SAY YOUR NAME, NEVER COMING HOME, ROXANNE, DESERT ROSE, FAITH, EVERY BREATH, 1,OOO YEARS. I think Sting should leave his hair short. He has collar length hair and it made him look older than he is. It didn't suit him at all. He had the crowd going, a sold out crowd I think. My favorite song is Fields of Gold, and for sure, someone had to start complaining during that song! So other than the whining, it was a great show.

With all the griping I had to get off my chest, I forgot to tell you the cool part!! When we went to our spots on the floor, we were treated to a small (song and a half) sound check from Annie Lennox!! They did "Walking on Broken Glass" and one I don't know the name of. I thought she had done one already, but her band walked out on stage and I heard someone say " Broken Glass when your ready" and then Annie walked out. Some stars prefer a closed sound check.