Williams would be suspended if he returned to NFL

Ken

By Skip Wood, USA TODAY

Details of running back Ricky Williams' supposed marijuana use, as well as his revelation to The Miami Herald that he had flunked a third drug test stunned his coach and his agent on Thursday.

The failed third test for marijuana use would mean he would automatically serve a four-game suspension if he returns to the Miami Dolphins from a declared retirement. "First I've heard about it, and that's about all I can say," agent Leigh Steinberg said Thursday night. "This is something I can tell you I didn't know anything about, but again, that's Ricky for you."

Coach Dave Wannstedt said the Dolphins have received no notification from the NFL regarding a third failed drug test.

"We knew nothing about it," Wannstedt said. "I'm totally surprised and shocked again."

Williams told Wannstedt last weekend he had decided to retire for a variety of reasons, and told The Herald marijuana use was but one of them.

"I didn't quit football because I failed a drug test," he said. "I failed a drug test because I was ready to quit football."

In May, three South Florida newspapers quoted unidentified sources saying Williams tested positive for marijuana and faced a fine of at least $650,000 for violating the substance-abuse policy for the second time since joining the Dolphins in 2002.

He told TheHerald that he already decided to quit football before the second positive test. He appealed that fine but received word last week that his appeal had been denied, The Herald reported.

While the appeal was pending, Williams said, he continued smoking marijuana during a trip to Europe and failed a third test upon his return.

He said he had been using a masking agent to cleanse his system while being randomly tested for two seasons but he didn't do that before the last test.

Source

As soon as I heard about him "retiring" DING DING DING, I knew exactly what was going on.

He's a bug fucking liar when he says it's "not the reason". Yeah, it's not the only reason. He's probably doing the coke too, and lots of other shit.

He'll be back later this season, or probably next season. He'll stop for a short while, take a drug test, take his lumps, get back in, and then continue the "masking" practice and the media will eat it up like the shit heads they are and embrace Ricky as someone who is fighting valiantly against his "demons".

Fuck you Ricky Williams. Fuck all you other NFL shit-heads who get away with similar day in and day out.

Oh, and a big “fuck you” to the “league” as I bet a lot of the top dogs in the NFL are fucking cokers too.

The solution is simple. Scheduled “WEEKLY” drug tests, and numerous random tests. More research in combating masking agents. Fuck complainers because if you’re keeping with policy, rules, regulations and laws, you’ll have no reason to complain.

Oh, and before I forget, fuck you Bill Romanowski, you little steroid trafficking bastard. I hope your dick falls off you cheap ass "i'll make a career out of being the most dirty player in the NFL year and year out". Yeah? Look at you now. It pains me to see that your ass didn't get tossed sooner.

While sentiments expressed by Ken were correct in their heading, the harsh/frank nature was born of pure joy and fun. Huh huh huh frank huh huh huh weiner, huh huh huh huh huh huh huh

I think I seen him play baseball before along long time ago in A ball in Betovia (or however u spell it)

Jeezus though, it's just weed. It's not performance enhancing, in fact it's performance decreasing. If he was doing coke they would've mentioned it.

I laugh at the masking agents too, they've saved my ass a couple times! ;)

Smoke if you got 'em Ricky...

No, weed is all we know of. I'd be willing to bet there's more.

I have no problem with Ricky being a pot head just as long as he stays out of football.

I'm just sick and tired of seeing the system cheated. I want to see genuine athletes.

If he was doing coke they would've mentioned it.

#1 - No, they wouldn't

#2 - No, they wouldn't

and last but not least

#3 - No, they wouldn't

Ricky Williams doesn't seem like the type to me. Yeah lame excuse but I've watched him in so many interviews and he's so soft spoken and laid back. Seems more like a relaxin Jamaican - maybe it's the dreds...

See now somebody like Randy Moss or Romanowski for sure toots, but I never got that feeling from him... oh well... Would the NFL really withhold infomation on purpose to protect his image in case he wants to come back?

I'd still say he's a genuine athlete if it's only weed...