Martha Stewart Gets 5 Months in Prison

Kooperman

Martha Stewart Gets 5 Months in Prison

By ERIN McCLAM, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - Martha Stewart was sentenced Friday to five months in prison and five months of home confinement for lying about a stock sale.

Just before her sentence was pronounced, Stewart asked the judge to "remember all the good I have done."

"Today is a shameful day. It's shameful for me, for my family and for my company," she said.

For the complete story click here:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.../martha_stewart

Another gross example of the government trying to make themselves look good. The money was peanuts--if they want to clean up Wall Street, how about going after the real fat cats who ripped everyone off? :reallymad:

5 months is nothing.

I and people I have known have been sentenced much more harshly for misdemeanor traffic offences.

She got off easy she should be gratefull for the leniancy she was given.

It may not look like much but it was a federal offence.

Shes already had people paying off insiders to take care of her on the inside she will do fine.

As far as home detention. Please, in one of her mansions. I would LOVE to take off 5 months and relax in a big mansion.

No poor martha from me.

No poor martha from me.

Its a question of selection and proportion. Im not sympathizing with her sentence. Im saying that with all the Wall Street crooks out there, they picked a public figure all right, but not the ones they should be going after...

Its a question of selection and proportion. Im not sympathizing with her sentence. Im saying that with all the Wall Street crooks out there, they picked a public figure all right, but not the ones they should be going after...

True she was obviously made an example of because of who she is.

Be it fair or unfair the fact is the justice system does it all the time.

She will be ok. Life isn't over for her at all.

She just thought she could lie to the feds and get away with it.

A poor decision yes. But that happens to be a serious criminal offense that most people would consider common sense.