"outfoxed"

desdemona

Film takes on right angle of Fox News Channel

By Mark Jurkowitz, Globe Staff | July 14, 2004

Among media watchers, a debate has long raged about whether Rupert Murdoch's Fox News Channel is the "fair and balanced" antidote to pervasive liberal media bias that it claims to be in its promotion or a megaphone for spreading conservative dogma.

In the film "Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism," which premiered last night in New York, liberal filmmaker Robert Greenwald launches an all-out attack on the cable news channel's editorial integrity. Relying on former Fox employees and contributors, left-leaning critics, Fox News Channel footage, and internal memos, the film argues that the outlet is less a traditional news operation than, as former Fox News staffer Jon Du Pre put it, "a proponent of a point of view."

Greenwald said he decided to make "Outfoxed" after hearing from journalists about what he called "the Foxification Effect," which he described as "pseudo-patriotism and the dumbing-down and cheapening of news." The film lacks traditional journalistic balance, sometimes making no distinction between Fox staffers and outside pundits and sources. And it uses the cable channel as a poster child for the ills of corporate conglomeration when much of the same could be said about a number of mega media companies. Greenwald also did not contact Fox for comment, explaining that he was afraid the network might sue and adding, "They're on the air 24/7. Everyone knows what they think, feel, and say."

But there is some damning material in "Outfoxed," including the charge that news and commentary blur confusingly on an outlet that is the undisputed cable news ratings leader. At one point, Neil Cavuto, anchor of Fox News Channel's business show, blurts out, "assuming the unthinkable happens and that Senator [John] Kerry becomes president. . . ." Several clips depict prime-time host Bill O'Reilly berating and silencing guests who don't agree with his loudly enunciated worldview. Then there are the memos from senior vice president for news John Moody, some of which seem to have political undertones.

read the entire article here:

http://www.boston.com/ae/movies/articles/2...x_news_channel/

I hear people say that everyday

But I watch it almost everyday and hardly see any bias...definitely less than every other network

Even the pundit of all the "bias", Bill O'Reilly, isn't even that conservative. Let it be heard here and now that I disagree with a whole lot of what this man says, but people who say he is the hardcore conservative clearly haven't watched his show.

That was just a fun cartoon... I really don't give a shit about all the partisan bullshit.. I just think it's a shame when any news station distorts the truth just for ratings.. I believe they all do it.. and they're all letting us down.... if fox news is worse than any of the others, I wouldn't know... but I definitely don't feel like they're doing any better.....

But I watch it almost everyday and hardly see any bias

I think Fox News is extremely biased and about as far right leaning as you can go without just out-right admitting to being biased.

Almost every news announcement ends with a right-wing quip. Bill O'Reilly, however much it is his personal talk show, is their little pride and joy. I see a lot of Bush ads being run; no others but Bush. Anyone without a right leaning point of view is cut short and shot down on every show, interview, etc that Fox broadcasts; the "right" position is glorified and time is taken (way more time than other positions) to explain the right agenda in a "good" light. News reporting is over-simplified with unrefined language and trimming of additional facts in order to pander to drooling redneck retards (because rednecks need a news service too…………….no, make that “rednecks need to be strapped to rockets and set off like the fourth of July”).

It's so obvious, that it hurts to hear people that think that station is anywhere close to reality.

Now, this is coming from someone who doens't lean left or right. I prefer to go forward. Right or Left, in this case, seems to loop back in a circle anyway.

Partisanship goes nowhere. Truth is the only thing that gives any progress, along with good decisions based upon the truth.

Good decisions and truth hardly ever come from bias.

Partisanship goes nowhere. Truth is the only thing that gives any progress, along with good decisions based upon the truth.

Well put :good job: