Static-X

murderdoll27872

DUDE, Static'x is definitely one of the greatest metal bands of today. They're already coing out with a new Cd...called Beneath, Between, Beyond, that comes out on July 20th. It's gonna be a kick booty CD, with remixes of their already fantabulous songs. If you want to preview a few songs off the Cd, go to http://www.totalassault.com/?team=static-x and listen.

I'm looking forward to some new music. I believe I ienjoyed the first album more than Machine. It will be cool to hear some new remixes. Espescially "Love Dump." I totally dig that opening dirge with the guitar and then when the drums kick in.

:strumma: + :thumpin: = :good job:

• 1 month later...
DUDE, Static'x is definitely one of the greatest metal bands of today. They're already coing out with a new Cd...called Beneath, Between, Beyond, that comes out on July 20th. It's gonna be a kick booty CD, with remixes of their already fantabulous songs. If you want to preview a few songs off the Cd, go to http://www.totalassault.com/?team=static-x  and listen.

what! you must be kidding me!!! i have heard static-x and i can assure you that they are NOT the best metal band out there.

their only song that is closest to being good was "Cold" which was actually monotonous and boring!

friend, i would suggest you go out and but a copy of In Flames in stores, take off those sissy linkin park posters off the wall and start banging your head to some REAL metal!

Actually, all the bands listed are good. It just seems we have someone who favors In Flames. I just saw one of their videos last night (Cold...?) and it was decent. Lamb of God will give them a run for their money though.

As far as Static-X, that "Cold" video was one of their most commercial sounding songs off the second album (if not in their entire career). "Bled for Days" and "Push It" are songs more worthy of their heaviness.

dont diss linkin park

oh alright if it hurt you so much! i'm just sick of all the hype these linkin park fans put up. especially the girls who think they're so "hard-core" because they listen to linkin park!

its just that this used to be a place whewre you could talk about whatever music you wanted without being shot down, well it WAS like that until you showed up so just calm down

It still is. We don't flame here & all opinions are respected, sicness. That doesnt mean we have to agree with each other, but this is a community that celebrates the diversity of our members and our unity as a whole - we all love music.

They're not as hardcore as people think they are, they just havent been shown real hardcore music.

I think they are good but they are not heavy metal hardcore.

static-x and linkin park are the same, both play comercial ridden nu-metal that lacks technicality and intelect in their music.

Is this the wolf talking (your signature) :lol: Im not a big of these bands, either, but if it makes other happy, that's cool; certainly there are alot of worse bands around

• 6 months later...

I've heard some of this so called "hardcore metal".

You know the kind, where the lead singer doesn't actually sing, but screams and groans as though he's choking to death on a penguin's testicles (a little "scream" here and there is ok, when it fits good, but having it be the basis of every song is pretty dumb).

The lyrics are usually mundane and formulaic. It's usually the same pattern about depression, frustration, destruction, etc...

I cast a mighty yawn at something so simplistic in nature. No, I don't care how loud or fast they play.

Lyrics mean something to me. Having a good singing voice means something to me. A little variety in melody means something to me.

That my friends, is creativity, and I don't see it often in this "metal" that you speak of.

For me it's about the music. Not the vocalist, not the lyrics (unless it's laden with christianity, in which case, totally forget it).

The question people ask is "What music do you listen to?"

Every single band on this page I listen to. While all the music may not be stellar, I do find some that are worthwhile or great on their own. I would prefer something not have the good old Cookie Monster vocals so you can actually "sing" to it. There really isn't much skill in singing B-flatulent. The lyrics are the bottom of the equation. Who cares what they sing about. I'm here for the music. That's why songs like "Don't Worry, Be Happy" never caught on.

I can see where Ken is coming from and I respect that too. It's not an outrageous request. But creativity can be found. It is just harder to find these days.

lyrics are perhaps more important for some styles of music than for others....if i want a message with my music then i`ll probably be listening to something in which the lyrics and the message (and the vocals) or subject matter play a much more pivotal role in the structure and writing of the song in question...say bob dylans highway 61 revisited, or someone like richie havens singing antiwar songs (just an example) or say steel pulse for a political or cultural message..if that`s what i want at the time.....if i simply want to hear some good loud driving sound then i`ll probably be listening to steve vai or pantera or status quo or rory gallagher or any other really good lead guitarist or instrumentalist......frank zappa is an exception though....... hearing his lyrics and his message was certainly as important as hearing his guitar playing..... :)