'Fahrenheit' prompts Neil Young re-release

neilyoung.jpg

Neil Young's Rockin' in the Free World, which plays over the closing credits of Fahrenheit 9/11, will be re-released, Daily Variety said Thursday.

Reprise Records will re-release the song as a single, along with a video directed by Fahrenheit filmmaker Michael Moore, in late July or early August.

Young's song criticized President George H.W. Bush when it was released as part of the 1989 album Freedom.

Fahrenheit 9/11, which criticizes the policies and leadership of President George W. Bush -- opens nationwide on Friday.

Young presented Moore's movie Tuesday at the Los Angeles Film Festival, where he is this year's artist in residence.

It's the perfect time for this movie, Young said.

http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?sid=ed19e20a95cea9de

There are colours on the street

Red, white and blue

People shufflin' their feet

People sleepin' in their shoes

But there's a warnin' sign on the road ahead

There's a lot of people sayin' we'd be better off dead

Don't feel like Satan but I am to them

So I try to forget it anyway I can

Keep on rockin' in the free world

I see a girl in the night

With a baby in her hand

Under an old street light

Near a garbage can

Now she puts the kid away and she's gone to get a hit

She hates her life and what she's done to it

That's one more kid that will never go to school

Never get to fall in love never get to be cool

We got a thousand points of light

For the homeless man

We got a kinder gentler machine gun hand

We got department stores and toilet paper

Got styrofoam boxes for the ozone layer

Got a man of the people says keep hope alive

Got fuel to burn got roads to drive

Neil Young takes no prisoners when its comes to revealing the hypocracies in our society - good for him - here's the rare artist that isnt afraid to speak the truth :good job:

Neil Young pulls no prisoners when its comes to revealing the hypocracies in our society - good for him - here's the rare artist that isnt afraid to speak the truth :good job:

not only that, he takes no prisoners, and pulls no punches

i never saw him mix metaphors either

what a guy!

Perhaps Dude was using "pull no prisoners" in reference to the GOP School of Torture where Neil refused to perform the National Anthem at a stickball tournament, thereby making it a biting commentary about man's inhumanity to captive men. Or maybe Dude's papaya juice had aged too long.....

I see we have a tough crowd today :lol: Well, I'm wide AWAKE now and on the lookout for trouble :reallymad:

my wife loves neil young and rust never sleeps...i don`t mind some of his early stuff with crazy horse...but his message is certainly relevant...... keep on rockin` in the " free??? " world neil........

Edited by kiwibank

Neil Young takes no prisoners when its comes to revealing the hypocracies in our society - good for him - here's the rare artist that isnt afraid to speak the truth  :good job:

:) I couldn't agree with you more :) Good job Neil :good job: :good job: