Marlon Brando passed away

brando.jpgThe Godfather is no longer with us :(

The cause of death was being withheld, attorney David J. Seeley said, noting the actor "was a very private man". RIP Mr Brandon

Link

Woaaaa - one of our legends. Completely original and irreplacable.. r.i.p. At least I got to exchange an hello and a smile with him once.. (We used to frequent the same restaurant 'cause he lived in the same neighborhood)

Brando was great, so many memorable roles, in recent times his portrayal of Col. Kurtz in "Apocalypse Now" scared me, I remember martin sheen saying the depth of the roles in that film caused him to have a breakdown. It's hard to pick a favorite film, I'd have to say "The Godfather" I guess, when I was 18 my mother decided to take me to see "Last Tango In Paris" it was pretty controversial at the time, we ended up leaving, the guy sitting next to us was enjoying the film a little too much, lol He lived a long life but it contained some tragedy too. RIP

Awww this sucks. But 80 is good while to live for I guess.

Brando encompassed an eclectic range of movie genres...the excellent works already metioned, along with other memorable efforts such as this classic; if you haven't seen it watch it in memorium, then contrast it with his performance in this one.

Few actors coming through the ranks today will likely ever rate even close to Marlon Brando's 5 stars.

RIP.

• 2 weeks later...

Jul 10, 10:12 PM EDT

Brando Left 10 Kids, $21.6 Million Estate

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Marlon Brando has 10 living children and his $21.6 million estate includes his Beverly Hills home, according to his will.

Brando's assets included $18.6 million in real estate and $3 million in personal property, according to the will, which does not specify how the estate will be split.

The iconic Oscar-winning actor died of lung failure at age 80 on July 1.

The will was filed Friday in Superior Court.

Brando said in the will that he was not married.

His living children are identified in the will as Christian, 46; Miko, 43; Teihotu, 41; Rebecca Brando Kotlinzky, 38; Petra Brando-Corval, 32; Maimiti, 28; Raiatua, 23; Nina Priscilla, 15; Myles Jonathan, 12; and Timothy Gahan, 10.

He identified his former maid, Maria Christina Ruiz, as the mother of his three youngest children. She was appointed their guardian. Ruiz filed a $100 million breach-of-contract suit against Brando but settled out of court.

Petra Brando-Corval was adopted and is not a beneficiary of the will. She was the child of Brando's former personal assistant, Caroline Barrett, who sued the actor after a dispute over a $185,000 loan. Another daughter, Cheyenne, committed suicide in 1995.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PEO...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

• 2 months later...

Marlon Brando's ashes scattered in Tahiti, California: friends

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Hollywood legend Marlon Brando's ashes have been scattered in California and Tahiti following a memorial service attended by stars that included Michael Jackson, Jack Nicholson and Warren Beatty, friends revealed.

The enigmatic Oscar-winner spent time with embattled pop icon Jackson, who had become one of his closest friends, at his Neverland Ranch in the months before his death, Brando's longtime attorney David Seeley told AFP.

The remains of Brando, who died of lung failure at the age of 80 on July 1, were scattered in California's picturesque Death Valley, 320 kilometers (200 miles) northeast of Los Angeles, as well as on his beloved Tahitian atoll where he once lived, friends said.

Read entire story here.