Should Ringo Starr be in the best drummer poll?

Umma

Should Ringo Starr be in the best drummer poll?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ringo Starr be in the best drummer poll?

• yes I love Ringo.
    • no Ringo sucks.

Dutch thinks he should be there even though he has already voted for Keith Moon and therefore Ringo would have no votes....

So should he get the last place in the list?

What about Charlie Watts?

WATSS IS IN THE POLL :D :D :D :D :read this: :groovin: :read this: :read this: :read this: :read this:

Hmmmm...you sure?

Cause I thought polls are only allowed 15 spots?

And Watts is last on the list, spot 15.

:lol: you know you're absolutely right Crazy Diamond.... it looked like there were two spaces still free in the edit section when I added Charlie Watts... he was number 14 in the list.... but the list starts at 0 ... duhhhh

:o no space left for Ringo..... awwwww shame

we could squeeze him in now that the poll list things have been extended...... but since everyone has voted no....

it's a no go

Ringo was a solid drummer - not flashy - but consistently good. I dont think u should close the poll after only 7 votes... I voted yes by the way

Ringo was a solid drummer - not flashy - but consistently good.

Exactly my point. He was good, but not flashy. When we had the greatest guitarist of all time thread most people seemed to agree that Johnny Ramone and Kurt Cobain shouldn’t be on there. We’re talking about talent, not popularity and the overall bands impact on music. Same thing applies to drummers.

I have seen many "Who's The Best Drummer" polls, one thing that gets me is the 2 drummers that always get left out, Roger Taylor of Queen and Mick Tucker of Sweet, If you've never listened to Sweet I recommend you do. Mick was a demon on the skins. He was probably right there with Moon, Bonham and all the other greats. If you get a chance listen to Sweet's Desolation Blvd. and Give Us Wink albums. Mick's drumming is awesome on those 2 albums.

one thing that gets me is the 2 drummers that always get left out, Roger Taylor of Queen and Mick Tucker of Sweet

Never heard Sweet, but good call on Taylor.

You can thank Umma for putting him up on the best drummers poll.

There are a few jazz drummers that ventured into Rock that are petty good - Billy Cobham comes to mind...

I almost added Billy Cobham.... but then thought he probably wouldnt be popular enough...

hellova good drummer

You've never heard Sweet? C'mon, I bet you have........

Ballroom Blitz

Fox On The Run

Action

Love Is Like Oxygen

Burn On The Flame

etc. etc. etc.

Edited by Cerebral_Assassin

You've never heard Sweet? C'mon, I bet you have........

Ballroom Blitz

Fox On The Run

Action

Love Is Like Oxygen

Burn On The Flame

etc. etc. etc.

I think I know who you're talking about now.

I guess they're just one of those bands everyone knows a song or two but can never remember their name.