Who is going to see Spiderman 2?

alliercollins

Tobey Maguire was hurt and the studio thought he was holding out for more money, so they said they were going to replace him with Jake Gyllenhaal. They actually had him training and everything. Tobey miracuosly recovered and got the part back.

Tobey was rumored to have a drug problem or a back problem, or both at the time

I have heard from people who read the comics that it follows the storyline almost perfectly. Is that true dude?

I still buy Spider-Man today, and yes it's pretty accurate. Some of the major differences are one, his web shooters. In the movies, it's an organic part of his body, in the comics, Peter invented a gadget that shoots webs and uses "web fluid". I kind of like organic thing that Sam Raimi came up with a little better.... it's less cheesy.

The second major difference is that Mary Jane is a model in the comics, but Spirder-Man 1 was pretty early so maybe that career move is coming soon.

They captured his origin very accurately in the first movie with the bite and Uncle Ben's death, and the Green Goblin's origin.

Looking forward to part 2, been hearing rave reviews so far!

You know what movie I am actually really looking forward to... Alien Vs. Predator. It looks like a pure carnage fest and I can live with that.

Here's another movie that was done in comics first...

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/back...18616&snumber=1

It should be good shit. I groaned when I heard about Freddy v Jason, but after watching it I was glad I did. Pretty good and funny as hell.

I bet they make Alien v Predator with even more money for costumes and effects. Sounds killer too!

Jake Gyllenhaal, the kid from Donnie Darko and The Day After Tommorow is Kirsten Dunst's real life boyfriend.

That’s too bad.

On an interview he said that he had back problems. But of course that may not be true because why would someone that is supposed to star in a multi million dollar movie go on air and say “I was completely coked up for a year straight and they almost kicked me out of the movie”

As far as comic book movies go, my favourite is still X-Men. Or Wolverine and Associates as the movie makes it appear.

SPIDER-MAN 2 / **** (PG-13)

June 29, 2004

Peter Parker/Spider-Man: Tobey Maguire

Mary Jane Watson: Kirsten Dunst

Dr. Otto Octavius: Alfred Molina

Harry Osborn: James Franco

Betty Brant: Elizabeth Banks

Snooty Usher: Bruce Campbell

Aunt May: Rosemary Harris

J. Jonah Jameson: J.K. Simmons

Louise: Vanessa Ferlito

Sony Pictures Classics presents a film directed by Sam Raimi. Produced by Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin. Written by Michael Chabon, Miles Millar, Alfred Gough and Alvin Sargent. Based on the comic book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Running time: 125 minutes. Rated PG-13 (for stylized action violence). Opening Wednesday in local theaters, with some showing the film at midnight tonight.

BY ROGER EBERT

Now this is what a superhero movie should be. "Spider-Man 2" believes in its story in the same way serious comic readers believe, when the adventures on the page express their own dreams and wishes. It's not camp and it's not nostalgia, it's not wall-to-wall special effects and it's not pickled in angst. It's simply and poignantly a realization that being Spider-Man is a burden that Peter Parker is not entirely willing to bear.

The movie demonstrates what's wrong with a lot of other superhero epics: They focus on the superpowers, and short-change the humans behind them. (Has anyone ever been more boring, for instance, than Clark Kent or Bruce Wayne?)

For the entire review click here:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/ebert1/cst-ftr-spider29f.html

Here is a little trivia for you.

Jake Gyllenhaal, the kid from Donnie Darko and The Day After Tommorow is Kirsten Dunst's real life boyfriend. When Spiderman 2 was starting the filming process, Tobey Maguire was hurt and the studio thought he was holding out for more money, so they said they were going to replace him with Jake Gyllenhaal. They actually had him training and everything. Tobey miracuosly recovered and got the part back.

I thought it was that he got hurt doing that horse movie................... "seabiscuit" or something (couldn't think of the name of the movie) and so he couldn't practice and stuff.

Here is a little trivia for you.

Jake Gyllenhaal, the kid from Donnie Darko and The Day After Tommorow is Kirsten Dunst's real life boyfriend. When Spiderman 2 was starting the filming process, Tobey Maguire was hurt and the studio thought he was holding out for more money, so they said they were going to replace him with Jake Gyllenhaal. They actually had him training and everything. Tobey miracuosly recovered and got the part back.

I thought it was that he got hurt doing that horse movie................... "seabiscuit" or something (couldn't think of the name of the movie) and so he couldn't practice and stuff.

They thought he was faking. As soon as they told him he was going to be replaced, he said he wasn't hurt anymore.

He also went into a treatment center around that time for substance abuse.. But he did get his price for the role - so its unclear what all was going on, but you can bet his agents were milking the situation.

BOX OFFICE MOJO

BREAKING NEWS

-------------------------

HOLLYWOOD (Box Office Mojo) ˆ Spider-Man 2 faced its blockbuster destiny

on Wednesday and snared an estimated $38.6 million, according to early Box

Office Mojo estimates.

The $200 million plus Marvel Comics adaptation captured the record for

biggest Wednesday ever, soaring past The Lord of the Rings: The Return of

the King's $34.5 million.

Actual numbers will be posted by around noon Pacific time today...

FULL STORY:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/articles/news/?id=040630bo.htm

Spidey II was quite good. This version was alot more character oriented, and I thougth the Villain was ingenius. Alot of fun... :good job: