Movie Goer Assaulted at Fahrenheit 9/11 Showing

NullsRevenge

(Jun. 25) -- The highly anticipated film, Fahrenheit 9/11, came with more than just controversy at one Las Vegas movie theatre. Moviegoer, Richard Streeter, was one of the many who made his way to a theatre to see what the hype was about. After viewing the film, he was greeted outside the theatre by members of the Las Vegas MoveOn.org.

Read the rest of story.

-------------

I guess if you dont support them then they will use their fists to "express" their "opinion" in your face until you do.

Pretty sketchy story there Nulls. I notice your subtitle said it wasn't a Republican who allegedly hit this poor fellow....how do you know that for sure? I only saw the accuser's story here and I don't believe he researched the bully's voter registration, from what I read.

Pretty sketchy story there Nulls. I notice your subtitle said it wasn't a Republican who allegedly hit this poor fellow....how do you know that for sure? I only saw the accuser's story here and I don't believe he researched the bully's voter registration, from what I read.

I dont think its that sketchy, you have to pay attention to the little details. It is a local news station story after all and it is just the first report.

Do you believe that any real Republican would be standing outside of a Micheal Moore film handing out, and trying to oust a Republican out of office? Because i dont think that sounds very likely, and even so doesnt really matter here because in either case the person was supporting the left leaning interest group moron.org. And if he was a republican then im sure you would be "outraged" and would be going on some partisan rant.

I put that because i figure that would be the inital reaction from anyone here if they just saw "Movie Goer Assaulted at Fahrenheit 9/11 Showing" but it seems that it had no effect, because already people are being labeled even though there was no mention of party and it has really nothing to do with the story. Which its sad because now the focus is on this small insignificant thing that i added rather than the story itself.

I put that because i figure that would be the inital reaction from anyone here if they just saw "Movie Goer Assaulted at Fahrenheit 9/11 Showing" but it seems that it had no effect, because already people are being labeled even though there was no mention of party and it has really nothing to do with the story. Which its sad because now the focus is on this small insignificant thing that i added rather than the story itself.

It's not that I don't see what you mean, but by adding that tag it infers that the attacker was a Democrat.

It's a weird story regardless of who did it.

:lol: i'm tempted to make a crack about being misled by what was posted. but i won't.

I dont think its that sketchy, you have to pay attention to the little details. It is a local news station story after all and it is just the first report.

Do you believe that any real Republican would be standing outside of a Micheal Moore film handing out, and trying to oust a Republican out of office? Because i dont think that sounds very likely, and even so doesnt really matter here because in either case the person was supporting the left leaning interest group moron.org. And if he was a republican then im sure you would be "outraged" and would be going on some partisan rant.

Why Nulls, I'm shocked that you would go so far as to do exactly what you always accuse everyone else of doing in your little misdirection posts....assuming what I or any other post reader would do....in this case you fantasize that we "would be going on some partisan rant". And Nulls, when I inquire about a secondary headline that you post as fact when that information isn't contained in the news report, it goes down to accuracy. You call it a "small insignificant thing that I added", but if it's not verified then it's total speculation on your part. That story is so preliminary that I'm amazed they ran it with so little verification that it actually happened...no statement from police, witnesses or theatre spokemen. I'm not saying it never happened, but I am saying that it's so sketchy that it smells suspiciously like fish. When the story is filled out, then I'll be disgusted at the stupid actions of whoever did whatever to whoever.

I guess if you dont support them then they will use their fists to "express" their "opinion" in your face until you do.

One hooligan guy does not represent Moveon.org--and your inference that people in the organization use theirs fists to get their way is OUTRAGEOUS. Your subheading is misleading, too--we dont know if the alleged perpetrator is a Republican, Democrat, Independent or Communist--and you dont know either. Is this is the best you can muster against Moveon.org and Michael Moore supporters!!! If so, its pretty weak... :lol:

Apples and oranges... I couldn't agree more. I am dismayed at the lack of choice in this election. Although I dislike Bush and think that he is a fuckwit, I don't think that Kerry is a very good presidential candidate. I hate being made to vote against a person instead of voting for someone in whom I believe. I have stated before, I would have preferred seven Demo candiadates above Kerry... and he has not made me like him any more.

Kerry needs to show that he is different from Bush to be a legitimate candidate. He has not made himself known as more than just an alternative to Bush, since Bush is a questionable president at best.

BTW... I enjoyed the Fahrenheit 9/11 film. I saw it in a big theater that was filled to capacity. People laughed and gasped... it was an interesting movie experience. I am not a big fan of Michael Moore (I think that he is a narcissist and that the logic that he uses is shaky), but the film was rather entertaining and did make an interesting point about the world in which we live post 9/11.

Honestly, 9/11 hasn't really affected me, being on the West Coast. This will probably change in the future as the Iraqi people actually become terrorists in order to retaliate for the US killing many of their citizens in an unnecessary war. You can't stop terror. You can just lessen what causes it by being kind to others and using compassionate foreign policy.

The US citizens are sightless to the perspectives of others in the world due to their reliance on biased news and inablility to place themselves in the minds of "the enemy." To terrorists, we are the enemy. This is just the manner in which they have been taught to fight and are fighting, similarly to the "good guys" an abstract idea, not people. When the US says that they are in a "war against terror," they are just perpetuating the conditions necessary to create terrorists. They are killing people's families, destroying their economic infrastructure and occupying their nations. If the proud citizens of the US had this happen to them, they would do the same damned thing. Actually, isn't this similar to any revolution? What about the Boston Tea Party? I would call that a terrorist act, and what about the Declaration of Independence?

To declare war against something as abstract and ephemeral as "terror" is to begin a war that will never end. It is self-perpetuating and creates what it in fact tries to end. The US response to 9/11 was an atavistic, reactive response to something that was horrifying. Declare war... the terrorists have already won... they have struck terror into the hearts of Americans ... people are scared to go to malls on holidays and large social events are tinted with vague shades of fear... of what? Death? Destruction?

War against terror is a reactive, short-sighted response to something that the US could prevent somewhat if they had been more aware, but, in all actuality, is inevitable. This is the response of people against a system with whom they have no recourse. People are naive to say that they could not imagine 9/11 before the fact.

What is the correct response if war is wrong?

Diplomacy. Create global conversations and allow other sovereign nations to voice their opinions as independent nations.

Multilateralism. Terrorists have a harder time retaliating against something when it is the decision of the global community.

Discourse/Dialogue. People without a voice have to strike out in any way they can. I wonder if terrorists realize that their message is lost in doing these acts... that the populations they are attacking just hate them and hear nothing about their reasoning behind the acts. People should not lose their voices. If a people is kept down and they have no recourse, they will do anything to regain their voice. No person or group should ever lose their voice.

I did not expect this post to become this, but it did. So it goes.

Edited by wingnut2600

I thought your post was inspired. Concise, well thought-out...even poetic. Then I saw that your last sentence didn't begin with a capitalized letter and I thought to myself, "I'm listening to this guy?" ;)

I thought your post was inspired. Concise, well thought-out...even poetic. Then I saw that your last sentence didn't begin with a capitalized letter and I thought to myself, "I'm listening to this guy?" ;)

Just to regain your respect Shawn, I edited my post. It was my homage to Vonnegut, since my post seemed to die near the end. It was a throwaway three words.

To declare war against something as abstract and ephemeral as "terror" is to begin a war that will never end. It is self-perpetuating and creates what it in fact tries to end.

Great post wingy. I just quoted a small bit of it, but this is the essence of the Bush administration war on terror...a Republican Wag The Dog gambit to maintain power for the party.

People really need to find better things to do than harrass people when they get out of movies.

I agree - not cool at all. But I dont think that this was a concerted effort on the part on moveon.org - I think it was an abherration..

I agree - not cool at all. But I dont think that this was a concerted effort on the part on moveon.org - I think it was an abherration..

I don't care. The point I was making is that people need to find better things to do. Doesn't matter who it is or who they're with, it'd take a really bored and pathetic person to verbally or physically assault someone who just went to see a movie.

He added the line in the title "not done by a Republican either" which op/ed's the article. Certtainly bullying anyone poltically is a fascist tactic - but there is a big difference between on person doing it and an organization

He added the line in the title "not done by a Republican either" which op/ed's the article. Certtainly bullying anyone poltically is a fascist tactic - but there is a big difference between on person doing it and an organization

True Dude. However, it seems he was bullyed by 2 people instead of one. And in a land of liberals (Beat King) he made a comment that it wasn't a Republican that was the aggressor. I don't think that was misleading. I agree with him that it probably wasn't a Republican. How many members of MoveOn that are Republican would be standing in front of a movie theatre trying to pick a fight over that movie? I think it is a pretty safe bet that the 2 people who assaulted him are not Republican. Nulls didn't say all members of MoveOn are Democrats or violent people. I agree with his subtitle. It may have been unnecessary but I think it is correct. I see lots of items posted here with little comments under the title. I understand that those are comments/opinions of the person that posted the article. :)

Once again, I agree with Nulls.

oops.

I still agree with Nulls. :lol:

Checked the follow-up on that TV station...absolutely no other stories to this point with accounts from witnesses or the police, only the claims from this individual. No reports about the MoveOn group being chased off by the police or the theater. No other news in area newspapers about the incident, only the claim by the man. It may be a valid claim, but the media sure hasn't dug up anything yet and no other citizens to this point have backed the man up either.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/200...s/24188841.html

• 2 weeks later...

there's always one in every crowd, maybe no one's at fault, maybe the victim's answer wasn't so polite and an argument ensued, we'll never know, alot of people call the police over anything, it would take more than someone spitting on me to call the police.