BOB MARLEY

Lord_of_the_Dense

The Ultimate Marley Package: SOUND+VISION Edition of LEGEND: THE BEST OF BOB MARLEY AND THE WAILERS Combines Two-CD 'Deluxe Edition' of the Classic Collection Plus a DVD of Performances and the 'Time Will Tell' Documentary

LOS ANGELES, June 23 /PRNewswire/ -- The LEGEND of Bob Marley And The Wailers -- the best-selling reggae album in history, an album of remixes, and its same-named DVD companion -- will be issued for the first time in one package with the July 13, 2004 release of the two-CD/one-DVD LEGEND: THE BEST OF BOB MARLEY AND THE WAILERS - SOUND+VISION on Island/Tuff Gong/UMe. The new SOUND+VISION series from UMe brings together previously issued CD retrospectives and long-form DVD content, providing an in-depth overview of an artist's career.

The centerpiece of the SOUND+VISION edition of LEGEND: THE BEST OF BOB MARLEY AND THE WAILERS is the two-CD 2002 DELUXE EDITION of the 1984 greatest hits collection. Certified 10 times platinum, the original LEGEND, featuring 14 of Marley's greatest songs, from "I Shot The Sheriff" to the live "No Woman No Cry," "Buffalo Soldier" to "Get Up Stand Up," "One Love/People Get Ready" to "Stir It Up," is the reggae album, and the Marley album. Digitally remastered from the original analog album or single master tapes, Disc One of the DELUXE EDITION also added two tracks, "Easy Skanking" and "Punky Reggae Party."

Disc Two brings together 13 remixes, most of which were issued on 12" singles in the mid-'80s and had never before appeared on an album. Along with remixes of tracks already mentioned are dub versions of "Three Little Birds" and "One Love/People Get Ready" (also an extended version of the latter) and mixes of "Jamming," "Could You Be Loved," "Coming In From The Cold," "Waiting In Vain," "Exodus" and "Lively Up Yourself."

Read entire story here.

Don't skewer me, but I am one who is not interested in this. Reggae is completely not my thing. Even sipping cocktails in Jamaica (mon!), I wouuldn't be interested in it. I suppose if I did enjoy it, I would get this. I hear it enough randomly to last a lifetime. Just not on my essential list. And, IMO, I have a pretty varied taste for music.