Who wants a Gmail invite?

HolyLiaison

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good explanation & tutorial for the 'net'

Sarcasm detectors malfunctioning.

You joke around, but some of us have had to experience this first hand.

There was a multimedia class at my college that I had to take. They said you can test out, but you still have to take another multimedia class to make up for the 4 credit hours. I said screw that, I'll take the easier one and get an A. Well first day rolls around and guess what we learn? Introduction to the internet. Second day? How to use a search engine. My professor was cool enough to let me sleep through half the class and play games the other half.

The funny thing was, all the people who were smart enough to test out, took the oppurtunity to test out. I was smarter than most of them and I was stuck in this class. I learned my lesson. I had people asking me questions while i was trying to sleep. This kid next to me kept asking me what an html tag was, finally I told him to shut up and google it. Then he asked me what I meant by google it. I stood up, walked to the only empty seat, and went back to sleep.

I found out later on that the kid didn't own a computer. I almost felt bad, but you don't go to a $32,000 a year college that is like 5th in the nation in computers, then take a computer based major, without actually knowing anything about computers.

Edited by alliercollins

Warning:

Tomorrow is the day I pick the people from this thread. 12AM CST... you have 9 or so hours. Better hurry up. ;)

lmao

by the time you deside to pass them out....everyone will have one!

i know quite a few in this thread already have them, but...

have fun anyway! :)

well this is weird

it does it in firefox and IE

i have IE6

and its working fine.....

the only problem i had is....i tested it...i sent a e-mail from my gmail to my hotmail

acct....it took almost 24 hours to get it....and it ended up in my junkmail folder!

but, all else seems fine!

So can anyone outline what the differences are between Google, Spymac's, etc Gmail programs and which is the best to be on?

You got the account from me bmc. I had a similiar problem with one of my three accounts. It would not load up the page no matter what I did. It went away after three days. I would suggest perhaps clearing your temporary internet files and cookies, then see what happens. If it is trying to load the page gmail.google.com/gmail, that means it is trying to log you in. You could have a bad cookie.

Dude. Spymac is slow as can be, gmail is the fastest of all the 1 gig accoutns and has the best interface (also to many, google is the most trusted), rediffmail is slow and has a poor interface, and youvegotpost(whatever it is) is not trusted at all, they keep dropping their allowance down, but saying that they will expand it.

Truthfully right now, I only trust gmail to stay up, to stay fast, and to stay around. I'd be interested to hear full feedback from full time users of any service though. I just hope for their sake that the accounts stay up.

well this is weird

i have IE6

the only problem i had is....i tested it...i sent a e-mail from my gmail to my hotmail

acct....it took almost 24 hours to get it....and it ended up in my junkmail folder!

Just checked mine. I sent myself a note from hotmail. It was in GMail in a few seconds.

well this is weird

i have IE6

Just checked mine. I sent myself a note from hotmail. It was in GMail in a few seconds.

The delay is coming from gmail to hotmail, not hotmail to gmail. It has happened a few times for me. I kind of noticed it before, but it always ended up going through eventually. Seems like it won't always go through now though.

You got the account from me bmc. I had a similiar problem with one of my three accounts. It would not load up the page no matter what I did. It went away after three days. I would suggest perhaps clearing your temporary internet files and cookies, then see what happens. If it is trying to load the page gmail.google.com/gmail, that means it is trying to log you in. You could have a bad cookie.

Dude. Spymac is slow as can be, gmail is the fastest of all the 1 gig accoutns and has the best interface (also to many, google is the most trusted), rediffmail is slow and has a poor interface, and youvegotpost(whatever it is) is not trusted at all, they keep dropping their allowance down, but saying that they will expand it.

Truthfully right now, I only trust gmail to stay up, to stay fast, and to stay around. I'd be interested to hear full feedback from full time users of any service though. I just hope for their sake that the accounts stay up.

cleared cookies and cache, still has server error, ill wait a couple days and see if it fixes

http://www.aventuremail.com

They offer 2GB storage and have a beautiful interface. Currently you can only purchase the paid account unless you're beta testing. If they ever offer invites like Gmail I'll be offering them here too. :bigsmile:

I got in when they were still offering free beta test accounts, which only lasted a week. :(

I attached a screenshot for those that would like a peek.

Anywho, ya'll have 1 hour and 30 minutes. :bigsmile:

post-59-1088394036.jpg

Edited by HolyLiaison