Who wants a Gmail invite?

HolyLiaison

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive herd a lot of hype about g-mail. So i was wondering what are the opinions of those who are actually using it. Since all i herd about it was the whole issue about privacy in the beginning which they changed, and descriptions.

Currently though i dont really have much use for another webmail account.

I think you are referring to the Google plan, which was to offer GMail accts, which would be accompanied by key word ads, that would mirror what you were sending or receiving. Since then, Yahoo and MSN have each upped their email allowances as a competitive thing. I have SpyMac...no ad issues there. I think the other GMail offers out there are now a part of a competitive lure to bring members in... Curious as to what other people are encountering...

did everyone read g-mail is too creepy? just a bit:

after 180 days, email is no longer considered protected communication and merely a public database record, and loses it’s protected status...Google search cookies expire in 2038 and have been saving every search term used...

they also rank sergey brin and larry page up there, being as evil as bill gates.

personally i love Google...i use it about 50X/day or more if i'm looking at the news. i just dunno about g-mail.

I think the page your visiting is displaying outdated info and is ran by one of those google conspiracy sites. When Gmail was first annouced there was a bit of a contraversy over how privacy and the things you mentioned, Google then changed what they were going to do to appease people.

You guys not read my first post or something? :bigsmile:

There's a link explaining Gmail.

Gee whiz, thanks for the explanation sir. Now could ya point me to a tutorial on the internet ? I'm still new at this.