Drake Starts 26th Birthday Celebration Early With 2 Chainz

NelsonG

By Meghan Gorman

Drake was going by his motto as he celebrated his birthday and his high school graduation in Washington D.C. this past weekend. The real date is on October 24, but on Thursday night Drizzy tweeted: “My early birthday celebration @Parkat14th in DC tomorrow night!” and so the festivities began.

He started the party with a surprise performance at Howard University’s Yardfest, where 2 Chainz brought him out as a special guest and the crowd went wild. Students and concert-goers were being pushed and shoved, and chaos ensued at the sight of the Toronto rapper. The duo even had to pause their set to make sure everyone was safe.

Sporting a red Howard University sweatshirt, Drake talked about getting his high school diploma this month: “I graduated high school, so you see what my campaign is about this year…I went right to the bookstore, I’m tryna come to school with ya’ll.”

And continuing the celebration, the Young Money rapper headed to a party hosted by Hennessy V.S at Park on Fourteenth. Drizzy hit the stage performing his hit songs including “I’m on One” and “Forever." Drake is no stranger to the “work hard, play hard” mentality. After his performance, he made his way over to the VIP section to top off the celebration and pop bottles with his crew.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/10/22/drake-early-birthday-celebration/]View the full article[/url]