UK Video Of The Week: Fem Fel Feat. Blade Brown - 'Big Money'

NelsonG

By Joseph 'JP' Patterson

Artist Name: Fem Fel
Musical Style: Reflective rap.

Fem Fel has come a long way since I profiled him on The Independent nearly two years ago. We both have, really, but his delivery and content has made more of an impact where UK rap is concerned. From a shy rhymer to a confident story-teller, he has spent enough time honing his craft in the studio to finally receive the praise and adoration that he truly deserves. "At the moment, I’m on the verge of a publishing and record deal," Fem Fel tells RapFix. "I’m spending most of my days recording demos in the studio."

With a strong PR team taking good care of him, the south Londoner has been fortunate enough to bless certain internet and magazine pages that even signed artists haven’t been able to bless, so news of a record deal is no surprise to me. And that leads us nicely on to his new track, Big Money – which features fellow south Londoner, Blade Brown.

"Big Money is basically Fem Fel in story-telling mode, allowing people to hear, see and feel our experiences, without having to have had personally experienced it themselves," he says. "It also represents the struggles and aspirations of people from whatever area or background – the whole 'nothing to something' theory. I heard the beat and it just evoked the right emotion and there was nothing else I could do but give my heart to the track."

He continues: "When choosing a collab, it only made sense to call for somebody who was capable to do the same. Working with Blade Brown is like working with my brother. We always do our odd once a year collab, especially since our joint mixtape, Fem Fel Vs Blade, went down so well." Watch below, as two of the UK rap scene’s most loved names go back-to-back on this inspirational offering…

RapFix’s "UK Video Of The Week" is a new weekly column by UK-based music journalist, Joseph 'JP' Patterson, designed to give us a closer look at hip-hop across the pond. Stay tuned.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/10/19/fem-fel-feat-blade-brown-big-money/]View the full article[/url]