BET Awards 2004

betawards.JPG3rd Annual Awards Spectacular Set for June 29th from the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles

NEW YORK, June 15 /PRNewswire/ -- With an impressive total of 16 nominations, Zomba Label Group artists Usher (on LaFace Records), R. Kelly (on Jive Records), OutKast (on LaFace Records), Anthony Hamilton (on So So Def Records) and Vickie Winans & Donnie McClurkin (on Verity Records) lead the pack for this year's 3rd annual BET Awards spectacular, which is set to take place June 29th at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles. Nominations are as follows:

* Best Male R&B Artist: Anthony Hamilton, R. Kelly, Usher.

* Best Group: OutKast.

* Best New Artist: Anthony Hamilton.

* Best Collaboration: OutKast featuring Sleepy Brown -- "The Way You Move"; Usher featuring Lil' Jon and Ludacris -- "Yeah!"

* Video Of the Year: OutKast -- "Hey Ya!"; OutKast featuring Sleepy Brown -- "The Way You Move"; Usher featuring Lil' Jon and Ludacris -- "Yeah!"

* Viewers Choice: R. Kelly -- "Step in the Name Of Love"; OutKast -- "Hey Ya!"; OutKast featuring Sleepy Brown -- "The Way You Move"; Usher featuring Lil' Jon and Ludacris -- "Yeah!"

* Best Gospel Artist: Vickie Winans

* Best Gospel Artist: Donnie McClurkin

With two BET Awards nominations under his belt, Anthony Hamilton's gritty soulful approach to post-modern R&B continues to draw attention to Comin' From Where I'm From, his first album for the So So Def label, executive produced by Jermaine Dupri. Hamilton was the first artist in Grammy history to post nominations -- in the same year -- in the categories of R&B, Traditional R&B, and Contemporary R&B. The video for the album's second single, "Charlene," was added to playlists across the country last week.

Read entire story here.

After reading so much about van hunt I decided to get it. To tell you the truth, I wasn't impressed. Nothing new to offer.

I'll copy Ken and say it was an "ok" album

To tell you the truth, I wasn't impressed.

Well, I am. Maybe you only listened to a few cuts... In any event, I think its a kick ass debut...nice rhythm and blues, reminiscent of Marvin Gaye

Well, Van Hunt isnt legendary in that respect. But his voice and music carry similarities. Maybe you got hyped, Method? I just happen to think its a well produced good times album...its refreshing after all the rap stuff that constitutes the majoriy of urban releases today..at least to me, but im old school, so what do I know.

relax dude, i'm not trying to attack you. I just happen to disagree about that artist. I find nothing special about Van hunt because the sound is the same, very predictable songs and overall a normal album that everybody will like. I like to listen to artists that have something different to offer. Not anything special just something that you've never heard before. Even a small "scratch" or slide makes a huge difference

Van Hunt is just very normal for me

relax dude, i'm not trying to attack you.

I'm relaxed :lol: I agree that they are not cutting edge. Perhaps its their return to nice melodies and good musicianship and rhythm and blues that attracts me to his sound. Retro R & B, if you will. Wouldnt it make good dance music at your pub?