Glen Campbell's sentence delayed

Country star Glen Campbell, who pleaded guilty in May to "extreme" drunken driving and leaving the scene of an accident, has had his sentence delayed.

The delay was granted so that the 68-year-old could perform at the CMA Country Music Festival in Nashville, Tennessee, over the weekend.

Campbell, who will now be sentenced on Tuesday, is expected to receive 10 days in jail and 75 hours community service.

The singer was arrested near his home in Phoenix, Arizona, in November.

He entered his plea to the two charges at Maricopa County Superior Court in Phoenix, in May.

Read the rest here

Now had that of been me I woulda gotten 75 days in jail and 10 hours of community service and I sure as heck would'nt have got to go to any awards show.

Not so fast--perhaps we will give you a BK award on ceremony.. :lol:

Now had that of been me I woulda gotten 75 days in jail and 10 hours of community service and I sure as heck would'nt have got to go to any awards show.

Yes Damn it to Hell...........and you would deserve it too! :lol:

Glen Campbell Gets Jail Time for DUI

PHOENIX - Country music singer Glen Campbell (news) was sentenced Tuesday to 10 nights in jail and two years of probation for a November drunken-driving hit-and-run collision.

"Believe you me, I think that's the last you've seen of Glen Campbell putting alcohol in his veins," Campbell told the judge at his sentencing Tuesday.

Campbell pleaded guilty in May to leaving the scene of an accident and extreme driving under the influence. On Tuesday, the judge sentenced Campbell to 10 days in the county jail but granted a request for a work furlough from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Read entire story here.

• 3 weeks later...

Glen Campbell Explains DWI Defense

NEW YORK - Glen Campbell is defending himself against his drunken driving charge, claiming he "wasn't really that drunk," but was "just over-served."

Campbell was arrested in November near his Phoenix home after causing a minor traffic accident. He pleaded guilty to extreme drunken driving and leaving the scene of an accident and was sentenced to 10 nights in jail.

"I wasn't really that drunk," he told syndicated entertainment TV show "Access Hollywood" in an interview. "I was just over-served."

Read entire story here.

Glen is actually a great guy, I have had the chance to throw back a few drinks with him here where I live (Branson Mo), I manage a smoke shop here and he would come in for cigars (Macanudo), got to talk to him about working with John Wayne and Dean Martin it was really cool.

I wonder if he is gonna have to stay in one of the tents they have set up there in Maricopa???

very sad..hope he handles it...such are the pressures of showbiz...he certainly has impressive stats even though his music has never been to my taste

" During his 40 years in show business, Glen has released more than 70 albums. He has sold 45 million records and racked up 12 RIAA Gold albums, 4 Platinum albums and 1 Double-Platinum album. Of his 75 trips up the charts,

27 landed in the Top 10. "

" Glen will be remembered as one of the best guitarists of his generation. His musicianship has inspired many of today’s most renowned pickers, including Keith Urban and Steve Wariner "

post-92-1088747237.jpg