Bush Unveils Clinton Presidential Portrait

DudeAsInCool

Saying that "the years have done a lot to clarify the strengths" of former President Bill Clinton, President Bush today unveiled the official portraits of Mr. Clinton and his wife, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, that will hang in the White House along with those of other former presidents and first ladies dating to George and Martha Washington.Mr. Bush said of his predecessor: "As chief executive, he showed a deep and far-ranging knowledge of public policy, a great compassion for people in need, and the forward-looking spirit that Americans like in a president."

And Mr. Clinton returned the compliment: "This president, by his generous words to Hillary and me today, has proved once again that in the end, we are held together by this grand system of ours that permits us to debate and struggle and fight for what we believe is right.

It was the third joint public appearance in recent weeks for Mr. Bush and Mr. Clinton, after the dedication of the World War II Memorial just over two weeks ago and the state funeral of former President Reagan last week. Today, in the East Room, Mr. Bush and Mr. Clinton heaped praise on each other in an ocassion that called for civility, and not for the partisan politics that has defined this election season.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/14/politics/14CND-CLIN.html

I find it kind of remarkable that Clinton and Bush have always been civil towards each other. Neither have expressed harsh words about the other in the press to my recollection.

I find it kind of remarkable that Clinton and Bush have always been civil towards each other. Neither have expressed harsh words about the other in the press to my recollection.

Bush doesn't operate in the open....he's got plenty of spin zombies very willing to do the dirty work, as witness the image hatchet job done on John McCain in the 2000 South Carolina Primaries.

Bush doesn't operate in the open....he's got plenty of spin zombies very willing to do the dirty work, as witness the image hatchet job done on John McCain in the 2000 South Carolina Primaries.

Your talking like its only Bush doing it, its something that both parties have done for a very long time.. Especially the democrats for the past few years picking up alot after they lost in the midterm elections.

But wouldnt it be nice if the parties were as civil to each other as Clinton and Bush seem to be towards each other?

But wouldnt it be nice if the parties were as civil to each other as Clinton and Bush seem to be towards each other?

:rofl: Yoooou are having one heck of a fantasy!! You need to stop taking that cheap stuff and buy better drugs! :lol:

:rofl: Yoooou are having one heck of a fantasy!! You need to stop taking that cheap stuff and buy better drugs! :lol:

WhatdoIknow--that airplane glue smeeellllllllleeddd pretty gooddd the first timeee sniffeeeeddd it...

WhatdoIknow--that airplane glue smeeellllllllleeddd pretty gooddd the first timeee sniffeeeeddd it...

You know, I never tried the glue thingy. :) You seem to have all the answers. But I got a mule, some sheep and a chicken. I can have fun too. :D

Your talking like its only Bush doing it, its something that both parties have done for a very long time.. Especially the democrats for the past few years picking up alot after they lost in the midterm elections.

This administration is noted for it's mean spirited and ruthless methods of revenge, moreso than any since the Nixon era. Here's an example:

http://www.rense.com/general43/bushtoounrullfed.htm

This administration is noted for it's mean spirited and ruthless methods of revenge, moreso than any since the Nixon era. Here's an example:

Of course your going to think that the current administration is out of line because you probably agree with all the attacks that the democrats have been doing for years about even the most trivial things and are at the least equal to anything in response that Bush has done and many cases much worse.

Thanks but I dont need examples either, i can use google myself.

you probably agree with all the attacks that the democrats have been doing for years about even the most trivial things and are at the least equal to anything in response that Bush has done and many cases much worse.

Thanks but I dont need examples either, i can use google myself.

ah, so the Bush administration only does the nasties in response to the mean old Democrats. Those doggone bully Dems.....

Any attacks the Democrats have used pale in comparison to the 2 year monopoly of our entire media and the right wing against Clinton during the Monica Lewitzky episode. But I will agree Nulls that both sides play the attack game too much and it belittles the entire political process

bush can act like a "swell" guy all he wants to but he doesn't have alzheimer's as far as I know, it seems he surrounds himself with others to carry out the dirty work, along with covering his butt on policy decisions.

it seems he surrounds himself with others to carry out the dirty work, along with covering his butt on policy decisions.

Outside of Colin Powell, I dont trust one of em