Group says it kidnapped American in Saudi capital

Ken

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (CNN) -- A group linked to al Qaeda claimed Saturday to have kidnapped an American engineer in the Saudi capital.

The U.S. Embassy in Riyadh confirmed only that the man is missing.

The group, called the Falluja Squadron in the Arab Peninsula, also took responsibility for killing another U.S. citizen in the city. Earlier, the U.S. Embassy confirmed that a man shot dead in a drive-by shooting was an American....

Source

Ken's Comment: I hate to be cynical, but I am given no reason not to be. I believe that if he is in the hands of al Qaeda or any group like or linked to them, he's as good as dead. We might even have to prepare for another decapitation video to surface.

I mean, if they "captured" him, what do you think they will do with him? They don't want anything, you can't negotiate with them. They want him for the purpose of killing him, most likely in front of a camera.

It's funny. For a group that seems so "fundamentalist" and wants not only western presence, but western influence out of the Arab world, they sure do like to use all the fancy-pants technology that we and others outside the Arab world have (the internet, video, communication devices).

They're the ultimate in murderous hypocritical bullshit skewed religion.

fundamentalists my butt, they're nothing but fanatics, btw I saw a report that 50% of the saudi people dislike americans, that survey even surprised the saudi government (supposedly) I'm sure there's more to learn about saudi arabia's support of al qaeda

Survey says they don't like us huh?

Well they sure like to come over here to the land of milk and honey and get their educations in our colleges and work in our hospitals and other areas of the work force.....if they don't like us then they can stay the hell outta our country. :reallymad:

over the weekend i read something about this as well but what i read had to do w/they don't like us over there, in their part of the world messing about in their biz cause they believe 'we' only do it to promote US biz interests, not for any love of freedom.

(nb: in no way does this mean i'm sympathetic to their cause. cause i'm not.)

edit: among other places, i got the above from this: Unprecedented Corruption: A guide to conflicts of interest in the US Gov't:

'...Something extraordinary is happening in the Bush administration....

The books and articles linked here show that U.S. President George W. Bush's father, former president George H.W. Bush, is involved in a business which makes money partly from weapons and the kind of politically-influenced oil contracts that are made during times of war. One of his business associates is a brother of the man who started the war. Both the Bush family and the bin Laden family will make more money if there is more war. Never in the history of the U.S. government has there been such apparent conflict of interest.

In the 3 movies and 34 books linked below, a former general, Democrats, Republicans, former government leaders, a Pulitzer Prize winner, political commentators, editorial writers, environmental organizations, and members of the public all tell pieces of the same story: They say that the Bush administration is extraordinarily corrupt. The books describe how those who want corruption are trying to do as much as they can in their favor before they lose power...

Those who want corruption try to make it as difficult to understand as possible, so it may be useful to read the section of this article titled Quick Tips for understanding U.S. government corruption. However, one of the quick tips is so important it has been moved to this next section:

What complaint do the attackers have with U.S. citizens?

Answer: They have no problem with U.S. citizens.

If you are an average U.S. citizen, you may wonder why Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda and their followers want to make trouble for you. The answer is: They don't. It is the largely secret actions of the U.S. government they don't like, not anything about average citizens.

Osama bin Laden has two basic complaints: 1) He wants the U.S. government to stop interfering in the politics of Saudi Arabia, and 2) He wants the U.S. government to stop giving money to Israelis to buy weapons that are used to kill Arabs and Muslims...'

it's very long but totally worth it, IMO.

Edited by slum_goddess

What complaint do the attackers have with U.S. citizens?

Answer: They have no problem with U.S. citizens.

If you are an average U.S. citizen, you may wonder why Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda and their followers want to make trouble for you. The answer is: They don't. It is the largely secret actions of the U.S. government they don't like, not anything about average citizens.

Osama bin Laden has two basic complaints: 1) He wants the U.S. government to stop interfering in the politics of Saudi Arabia, and 2) He wants the U.S. government to stop giving money to Israelis to buy weapons that are used to kill Arabs and Muslims...'

But the fact is that they have attacked innocent US citizens on American soil and in the Middle East. They think Western Society as a whole is corrupt. So the writer's argument is a bunch of b.s. I may not like our current admininstration, but I have no sympathies for Al Queda, whatsoever--they are simply evil incarnate and beyond redemption.

If you are an average U.S. citizen, you may wonder why Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda and their followers want to make trouble for you. The answer is: They don't.

That is the dumbest thing i've ever had the displeasure of reading.

Tell that to Nick Berg's family; hear what they say.