question about the olympics

desdemona

I'm hearing where alot of professional athletes are declining the invitation to the olympics, I noted some NBA stars, I can't believe they're turning down this honor, is it because it doesn't pay? Should the Olympics be for amateurs anyways, they seem to be the only ones that have their heart in it. Any thoughts?

Got a link Des?

I noted some NBA stars, I can't believe they're turning down this honor, is it because it doesn't pay?

You could also guess that it's the threat of attack.

"I just don't understand why these American basketball players are refusing come," Gianna Angelopoulos-Daskalaki said at yesterday's press meeting. "we have done seven years' work in just four years' time," he went on, speaking in broken English.

"Well show us the courts then," requested a reporter, in well spoken English.

Sure enough, the next day we received a tour of the courts. After a couple of detours to work our way past the numerous time bombs along the highway, we arrived at our destination:

Basketball.gif

I'm hearing where alot of professional athletes are declining the invitation to the olympics, I noted some NBA stars, I can't believe they're turning down this honor

they should accept the honor..

Professionals started playing for us in the Olympic basketball because, as des said, other countries used their professionals and they were waxing our collegians. The first team was called The Dream Team, back in 1992, and included Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Charles Barkely, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Patrick Ewing, Larry Bird, Scotty Pippin, Chris Mullin and others. They blew away everybody. But one problem was that after a long season it was difficult for the players, especially the older ones, to play literally all year long. Players who participated in the playoff finals also had to play nonstop without any time off to let the legs rest some. Since that first team beat everybody, some of the luster and prestige has been lost from selection to the team and some of the players do more complaining than practicing. I would just as soon see the college players being chosen to the team now...the main drawback to that is that the best amateurs head to the NBA straight from high school or their freshman college years.

Many of those players are still playing and would have little chance to heal after a long playoff struggle. I know that Jason Kidd may have to have surgery on his leg, and Vince Carter is always injured. Also, Kobe Bryant has a trial to attend to and could be convicted. I Don't think there's an Olympic work release program, but that might get a lot of volunteers!

Aye, Vince Carter. :angry: He plays for my wife's beloved Raptors. The most over-rated player to ever hit the league.

Though the dunk he made last olympics over that one country's guy was pretty cool. Most p2p networks still have it. I'll attach it here if I can find it.

It is a sweet dunk, though a little cocky

"I just don't understand why these American basketball players are refusing come," Gianna Angelopoulos-Daskalaki said at yesterday's press meeting. "we have done seven years' work in just four years' time," he went on, speaking in broken English.

"Well show us the courts then," requested a reporter, in well spoken English.

Sure enough, the next day we received a tour of the courts. After a couple of detours to work our way past the numerous time bombs along the highway, we arrived at our destination:

Basketball.gif

:rofl: :good job: