'Arrested Development' Is 'Act One Of A Movie'

NelsonG

[img]http://moviesblog.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/arrested_development.jpg[/img]
It's the final countdown: We only have months left until "Arrested Development" returns to us after being off the air for six years.

The cast and crew are busy filming the fourth season of the cult hit around southern California, but creator Mitch Hurwitz took time off his busy schedule to chat with [url="http://www.vulture.com/2012/09/mitch-hurwitz-on-reviving-arrested-development.html"]Vulture[/url] about the return of "Arrested Development." The entire interview is very much worth your time, but to make life easier we've broken down Hurwitz's hilarious comments into the most newsworthy bites. Just wait until you see what he has to say about "JarJar Bluth."

[b]There Could Be More Than 10 Episodes In Season Four[/b]
“Our initial order is for ten, but the beauty of Netflix is that we theoretically have an opportunity to provide more material for them,” Hurwitz said. “We’re definitely shooting some special material just for them. But their whole outlook completely mirrors the ambitions of this show.”

[b]The Plan Is Still For The New Season To Lead Into A Movie[/b]
"The episodes are an outgrowth of the design of what we hope will be the movie. They precede it. They function as an act one of a movie that we all want to do, but haven't 'sold' yet," he said.

[b]Each Episode Will Focus On A Different Character[/b]
"The episodes take the audience through the experiences of the characters since the family 'fell apart' and how they're brought together to deal with their new problems. I would give you a hint as to what those problems are, but, really, why rob the fans of being disappointed when they see it on Netflix," Hurwitz teased. "Each episode is about a character -- but we'll see them in each other's shows."

[b]The Episode Release Schedule Is Still Undecided[/b]
Though Hurwitz had previously said all of season four would be released at once online, it seems as though that claim was a bit premature. "I actually think the strategy for release is up in the air," he said. "I know Netflix at one point was talking about streaming them all at once, because that's how they've done it with other shows, and it's their choice. I know it'll be in the spring of 2013, or what the Mayans would call the spring of '1.' But I just love the opportunity we have to be creative with every part of this, from the concept to the delivery."

[b]We Might Meet Some New Characters[/b]
"We all went back into this because of the devotion of the fans, and a desire to bring some fun to them -- and to ourselves," Hurwitz explained. "[Returning to 'Arrested Development'] definitely did start out being somewhat daunting, but I think for all of us we just got back into the groove. Oh, and we have this new JarJar Bluth character so there's no way anyone will be disappointed."

[i]Are you looking forward to the return of "Arrested Development"? Tell us in the comments section below or on [url="http://twitter.com/mtvmoviesblog"]Twitter[/url]![/i]

[url=http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2012/09/04/arrested-development-act-one-movie/]View the full article[/url]