Please Add Your Best Wishes For a Speedy Recovery

DudeAsInCool

One of our members, JoeyZ, was in a freak motorcycle accident on Friday night when a deer suddenly appeared out of nowhere. He has a few broken arms, but is recovering in the hospital. Please add your best wishes to wish him a speedy recovery.

JoeyZ--we're glad you are still with us. Thanx for hanging in there :good job:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wondered why it was so quiet around here.... broken arms huh.... pretty nasty and sore I should think.... poor Joe... but it's good to be alive.

Heal fast pal .... I'll miss having to clean out my inbox so much :good job:

Hang tough, Joey. Broken arms ain't good, but think about the great deer steaks waiting in the freezer. Heal well and fast so you can get back to your most important work, BK.

PS> When you're plastered up with two broken arms, you really find out who your friends are when nature calls....

Damn bad luck! :( As you know I used to live in Ga. know and I know how the deer are. On my last visit I wound up on the wrong side of the highway while pulling a trailer with a car on it in order to miss one of the boogers. I crashed a few motorcycles back in the day but never got a broken arm much less a few broke arms. Most people get a broke arm or maybe two but you are the only person I know that has had a few arms broken. Perzactly how many arms do you have? and how many aren't broken? You know if I could help you I would but from 800 miles away that will be tough to do. :wha': Best wishes for a speedy recovery anyway. Looking forward to hearing from you again either here or pm.

my best wishes added ... hoping that your travel on the road to recovery goes better than the road you traveled friday night ... wow!! :o ... take care ...

Tought break there, dude. I have had a few close calls with those damn elk around my neck of the woods too. Might have to get redneck to implement some population control one of these days. :bigsmile:

Anyway, I wish you a fast recovery so you get back here and start posting again. :D

btw joeyz, how is the bike? Everytime I crashed mine that is what I was thinking as I was sliding along. I never had full coverage insurance so as soon as I could get up I headed for the bike to check the condition and get it upright. I didn't want gasoline leaking out as well as oil and battery acid. You are probably wealthier than me so it may not be a concern. I know you are smarter than me and maybe that makes a difference too. Poor stupid people think about the bike. I have no idea what other people think about. All my friends were poor and stupid so they headed for the bike as soon as possible too. :lol: Again, best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. :good job:

get well soon buddy!

I have had a billion motorcycle accidents cause I have owned a motorcycle since I was 14. That's when I got my DT 125 and started kissing the ground all the time. I have broken my legs and arms lots of times and now it's a habit lol

BTW

tommorow I'm getting my new motorcycle. XT 660R. Brand new!

I have broken my legs and arms lots of times and now it's a habit lol

BTW

tommorow I'm getting my new motorcycle. XT 660R. Brand new!

:lol: You are a slow learner!! You need to work on some of your habits. You might consider riding lessons! I can't help you there. I fell off sometimes too. I only give shooting lessons. I will tell you this: When the handlebars drag the pavement/dirt/whatever it is highly likely that you will soon loose control! I noticed that whenever my handlebars dragged the pavement that I crashed every time. Good luck with your new bike! :good job:

You are a slow learner!! You need to work on some of your habits. You might consider riding lessons!
I always try to do special tricks so the chances of having an accident are pretty big lol

I'm now getting a more "serious" motorcycle so i'll play cool now.

Again... get well soon Joeyz

(I'll post some pics with my new ride in the next few days)

I always try to do special tricks so the chances of having an accident are pretty big lol

I used to have a friend like that. He would say, "watch this". That was always a signal to call 911! :lol:

I used to say that a Lot of times especially when I had an XR

I decided to cut the bullshit after I lost 2 good friends. One of them owned a CBR900RR. You don't fuck around with that.

Method, 30yrs ago a friend had a bike that turned 11.35 sec quarter mile at 127 mph then the frame broke. It was on a test run with a new engine. He used to road race it professionally so it was not even set up for drag racing. The gearing was changed for top speed not quarter mile. I bought the bike, replaced the frame, upgraded the carbs and got it running better and left the gearing alone. I never took it to the track but I had lots of fun street racing. The speedometer stopped at 140mph. It would peg it in 4th gear. Once you wound out 5th it would really go on the big end. I always had the police after me for one reason or another. Those were the days. I have never had so much fun. You know the danger so all I have to say is good luck! Remember, speed doesn't kill......It's the sudden stop that does.

hi joeyz, i hope you're out of the hospital ASAP, what shite luck. i've been there; i was in a motorcycle accident ages ago on the tappan zee bridge in NY. not fun and my friend still has a huge gash in his leg due to that. feel better real quick, man.

joeyz, I sincerely hope you are alright, as alright as you can be now. Get better soon, we'll miss you.

*hugs*

(do hugs work with people with a few broken arms?)

*hugs*

(do hugs work with people with a few broken arms?)

I dunno. Give me a hug and lets see if it works on people with brain damage. If it does, then we can try it on broken arms victims. ;)

Wow, that sucks! Glad you didn't get hurt any worse than you Joey! We have tons of deer 'round here too. My friend wrecked his BMW, (the fairing was destroyed on it, the front wheel stove in, handlebars bent up and the tank dented--he only busted his collarbone and got scraped up good); he was going about 25 when a deer happened in front of him. My biggest fear when riding at night is that one is going to step out in front of me when tearing along one of these old backroads...so i try to keep it slower at night when I'm riding through the woods.

I also have one those 'deer warning whistles' on all my bikes. People ask me if they work, and I reply "I don't know. But I haven't hit any deer yet."

Method & Redneck-- :rotfl: !

And also RIP for your friends Method...it sucks to lose someone you care about. And good to hear you are taking this bigger bike a little more seriously. If you take it out on the street just ride as if everyone in a car is going to try and kill you, and you'll be fine. :P

Edited by CTC Command