NBA Basketball Finals

DudeAsInCool

Who will take the ring?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take the ring?

• Los Angeles Lakers
    • Detroit Pistons
    • Indiana Pacers

Hmmm...this seems like a good opportunity for a wager. I will take the Lakers in 7..anyone wanna gimme odds? :bigsmile:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There he goes again......gambling with his lunch money... :psychofun:

Yeppers---I dont see any takers comin out of the woodwork yet. Perhaps the die-hard pistons/anti lakers-contingency still has doubts? :lol:

Ok, they're off the the races for Game 5 and the Lakers look extremely agressive defensively from the very first second of the game

Lakers looked strong at first, but the Pistons just went on an 8 pt streak fueled by Wallace. Shaq has two fouls, so he was out for most of that drive... And there's a minute to go in the first quarter

Lakers ten down...this Wallace dude is becoming a pest :lol: 53-43, Lakers getting killed by rebounds and layups, particularly when Shaq is on the bench...

24-25 end of the first... looks like a offensive close high scoring game... won't bode well for DET...

Don't tell them.

When Shaq gets clumsy and starts fouling, and Malone doesn't suit up, the Lakers only have the Glove. ;)

Im still taking bets...55-45...this is the largest half time lead in the series. So, who is gonna step up and give the dude some odds lol

72-55...a 17 pt lead... Lakers are struggling..time to get rid of this Wallce dude...Redneck, can you please cap him? 13 pts but Shaq picked up a technical foul, his 4th, and we are still in the third quarter

As commercials go, the Nike bicyclist ad is pretty good...anyone know who did the accompanying music?

82-59 end of third quarter...this is shameful... The Piston's defense is state of the art tonite

Let the Shaq/Luke Walton era for the Lakers begin. Koby...gone; Payton....gone; Malone....gone; Phil Jackson....gone.

I think that'll be pretty accurate.

I feel bad for the mailman and the glove, but....

It aint over until the fatman sings... They oughta get Jason Williams, the ball handler, add a little zest and show business to the team.

Hmmm...looks like a fucking blowout from here

I think you'll see a more disciplined Laker team next year, with more emphasis on ball movement and defense. Luke Walton is a good start in that transformation...check out some of the comments about him midway through this chat I'm linking. A sad note....Ralph Wiley, one of the ESPN basketball writers, died of a heart attack a day or two after this chat.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=5412

The Lakers might as well have me on the court tonite... 5 minutes to go and they have Shaq on the bench with a 28 Piston pt lead... what the hell is that?

I like the headline from Yahoo NBA news.

"Pistons have the Lakers down to their last gasp"

Currently it's Pistons lead 94 to 70 with about 5 minutes in the fouth.

Rasheed had better start preparing the champaign!

Detroit is about to make history tonight :bigsmile:

First time Phil Jackson has lost 3 playoff games in a row.

I'd be the first to admit I underestimated the power of Detroit. Considering the last-second tying points of game 2, this series was almost a straight sweep.

That's the way the cookie crumbles, as the old cliche' goes.

Detroit wins game 5 and the championship 100 to 87! :good job: :good job:

Now they really can pop the cork off the ol' champaign and celebrate!

Detroit also made NBA history by winning 3 games in a row at home during the NBA playoffs! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

GREAT JOB DETROIT!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:good job: :good job: :good job: :good job: :good job: :good job: :good job:

Larry Brown deserves a pat on the back.

post-59-1087357651.jpg

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

I liked that Budweiser commercial w/ the lizards talking about the miller commercials and the 'president' of beers and stuff... i thought it funny.

That commercial has been on forever!

But what happen to the lakers? This is great down here the streets are jammed but its starting to clear out now. This is really cool.