NBA Basketball Finals

DudeAsInCool

Who will take the ring?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take the ring?

• Los Angeles Lakers
    • Detroit Pistons
    • Indiana Pacers

All I can say is thank GOD the series is somewhat interesting now...I was worried it would be tilted and boring.

Oh...and about people's teams being knocked out, my team (Nuggets baby) finally made it to the playoffs this year...next year...it's coming.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

Ok ... I honestly didn't think the Lakers were going to lose game 1... I knew they were going to lose game 3... that's why I picked them to lose one game, but we'll see if this series gets interesting ...

Another Vida Guerra original... damn... this girl is hot. I'm gonna post her in the hotties too lol :horny:

post-59-1087164303.jpg

yep they just went up 3-1 ... NBA fact: 27 teams have gone 3-1 against the opposite team; all 27 teams have gone on to win the NBA Championship meaning no team has come back from 3-1 in the NBA...

5 Teams have come back when they were down 3-1 in the MLB to win the World Series.

I think the perfect basketball game for me would be Kobe tripping over himself, falling to the court, smacking his head on the court, getting a concussion while also breaking his leg.

Also, Detroit wins.

That would make my day. I still wouldn't actually watch it, but I would love to hear about it.

I think the perfect basketball game for me would be Kobe tripping over himself, falling to the court, smacking his head on the court, getting a concussion while also breaking his leg.

Also, Detroit wins.

That would make my day. I still wouldn't actually watch it, but I would love to hear about it.

Stay tuned tonight to see if Ken's predictions come true.

F**king L.A. better not riot when the Lakers lose. :evil:

F**king L.A. better not riot when the Lakers lose. :evil:

Curious as to why you are not rooting for the hometown? Like it or not guys, Kobe and Shaq are going to be on tonite... :)

NY Post/Kobe: We Will Win Tonite

June 15, 2004 -- AUBURN HILLS — The favorites have been battered, beaten and outplayed. So when Kobe Bryant was quoted as saying, "We'll win Tuesday," it was turned into a guarantee of Laker victory for tonight. Yup, real "See Ew in L.A." stuff.

Well, the only matter really guaranteed for Game 5 here tonight is that if the Lakers don't get it together — if they don't use Shaquille O'Neal more wisely, don't find a third option — all L.A. will see is a team break-up day.

The Lakers are in a suffocating 3-1 ditch against the Pistons, and no team ever has rallied from that deficit to win an NBA Finals.

"I promised?" Bryant said when asked about his vow of victory. "I'll go with that. It's fine with me. We don't have a choice. We've got to win."

Not the most forceful guarantee, but given the circumstances, it'll do.

The Lakers have been totally outplayed in the series, reduced to a two-man show of Shaq and Kobe. And despite O'Neal's powerful presence, he often has been relegated to a supporting role.

"We've been playing a certain style all year, sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't," said O'Neal, who scored 36 points on 16-of-21 shooting (compared to Kobe's 8-of-25) in Game 4.

"But when I'm not doubled like that, I really expect to get the ball a lot, especially when I'm shooting 65, 68 percent from the field. ... It is simple. And if you don't stick to simplicity, you'll die a horrible death."

So is Kobe shooting too much, hurting the team by trying to do too much?

"That's sort of a trick question and I don't have a trick answer," O'Neal said.

O'Neal has averaged 28.3 points and Bryant 22.3, but the Pistons have snuffed everyone around them. The search for a No. 3 scorer has gone on all series. Now there might not be much series left.

"We have every intention of winning the game," said coach Phil Jackson, who again pointed to an undeniable free-throw disparity (132-78) as the main cause for all that is wrong with the world.

"We don't care what the records are about teams in this situation in the past. We believe we can turn this thing around."

Despite what history says.

"History wasn't one of the subjects in college I liked. I'm not a big history buff," said Karl Malone, whose availability through an ailing right knee remains a major subplot.

"History is not necessarily on their side, either. No home team has ever won three straight games at home (in the 2-3-2 format)," Bryant reminded.

Somehow, the Pistons' situation seems more desirable than that of the Lakers. Detroit has clamped a defensive vise on L.A. and has used the length of Tayshaun Prince to frustrate Bryant into .391 shooting. And after the Shaq-Kobe duo, Devean George is the top scorer — at 6.3.

"We've always been able to consistently execute offensively where a team had to guard all five players. Right now, we're not doing that," said Derek Fisher.

So as the Lakers fight to survive, the Pistons aim for the kill. They do not want this series to go back to L.A. Hope for the other guy is a dangerous enemy.

"That's why we have to stay focused as a group," said Detroit sub Lindsey Hunter. "They've won a lot of championships. They know how to win. They're never out of a series until you kill them. That's what we have to do."

Said Piston Chauncey Billups, the leading MVP choice: "We can't control if shots go down or not, but we can control our defensive intensity and hustle plays and things like that."

And things like that have left the Pistons in control while the Lakers are left to talk about possible guarantees.

Curious as to why you are not rooting for the hometown? Like it or not guys, Kobe and Shaq are going to be on tonite... :)

I don't root for any B-ball team. I don't care for the Lakers hype. I'm tired of all the gold & purple. I suppose if they had a chance, I wouldn't be posting. But the odds seem against them, so I now revel in anticipation. Just my take. Doesn't make me un-American or a poor-sport. I watch Pro-Football. I vote for the Cali teams during the season.

:psychofun:

Barring the magical appearance of youthful clones of Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain and Elgin Baylor, I see no future for the Lakers in this series. The best coached and hardest working team has been the Pistons.