'Hip Hop Squares' Episode 2 Bonus Clip

NelsonG

Episode 2 of MTV 2's "Hip Hop Squares" premiered tonight, continuing the fun that kicked off with guests like Fat Joe, Childish Gambino and Mac Miller. Tonight's guests included. Check out the bonus clip above, where host Peter Rosenberg explains why he's "super stoked every minute" that he spends on the "Hip Hop Squares" set.

Hip Hop Squares,' I ain't gonna lie, it's gonna be the best game show," DJ Khaled told MTV News when he gave us a tour of the set. "Especially because it's representing hip-hop, but it's real exciting. If I wasn't even on it, I'd be watching it myself."

If "Squares" looks familiar to you, then you may remember its predecessor, the iconic tic-tac-toe game show "Hollywood Squares." In the new remixed version of the show, rap personalities like Mac Miller, Fat Joe, Ghostface Killah and 2 Chainz all answer trivia questions helping contestants win cash prizes.

"Tic-tac-toe, answering questions — I think it's a cool game, especially to incorporate hip-hop in it," 2 Chainz told MTV News.

Asher Roth remembers the original show well. In fact, it was those childhood memories that factored into his decision to participate in this new incarnation. "When I was younger, yeah, I definitely used to check out the 'Hollywood Squares.' It was just fun," he said. "I think that was the thing that attracted me to 'Hip Hop Squares'... it's just laid-back, it's chill. I mean I get to sip on a beer while I answer questions right."

"Just getting to experience it was a lot of fun," Common added.

Fat Joe believes the new show, which is hosted by New York radio DJ Peter Rosenberg, helps solidify rap's place in American pop culture. "Doing hip-hop trivia, this just pushes it one step further for hip-hop to be solidified as American culture," he said. "This is the first time throughout my whole career when I seen my name, I said, 'Wow I made it.' "

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/05/29/hip-hop-squares-episode-2-bonus-clip/]View the full article[/url]