'Mob Wives'' Drita D'Avanzo Prepping New Mixtape

NelsonG

By Rob Markman

Thanks to VH1's "Mob Wives" series "Drita D'Avanzo has became a reality star in her own right, but now the Staten Island resident is out to pursue her original dream: rapping. After getting a feature from French Montana, she's now getting ready to roll out her own mixtape.

MC Drita recently starred in French's video for "Everything's a Go"; she even got a chance to lay a verse over the hard-edge street track. And it was all documented on a recent episode of VH1's "Mob Wives." "Honestly, it was the best feeling in the world," Drita told MTV News on Tuesday. "That really was a dream of mine, growing up since the day I was walkin', since the day I heard rap music it was over for me."

And like so many of today's current rap stars, young Drita was first inspired by a couple of well-regarded legends."My first favorite rapper — and always will be — is Rakim. Eric B & Rakim Paid in Full was a tape that I destroyed, that was completely wrecked and I had to re-buy," she said of the 1987 classic. "But when Biggie came into my life, it was completely over."

Drita's "Wives" co-star Carla Facciolo vouched for her buddy's love for hip-hop. "This one will just rap every single word, she don't miss a friggin' beat," Carla said of Drita's reaction whenever one of her favorite rap songs comes on the radio or in the club.

D'Avanzo was so turned on by her recent experience in the booth, she revealed to us that she plans to continue to make moves in rap and drop a mixtape. "I'm workin' on it. I'm in the studio as we speak. And I love it," she gushed in her unmistakable Staten Island, New York, accent.

Carla is supportive, but don't expect her to drop a guest verse on the upcoming tape. "I could be in the video, maybe looking pretty somewhere, but not rapping and not singing, definitely not," she laughed.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/05/10/mob-wives-drita-rap-mixtape/]View the full article[/url]