The Notorious B.I.G.'s Ready To Die on July 13th

Lord_of_the_Dense

'The first time I heard his voice, I knew he was the greatest rapper to ever live.' - Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs

NEW YORK, May 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Bad Boy Records is set to release a digitally remastered version of the late Notorious B.I.G.'s groundbreaking debut album, Ready To Die (originally released in 1994) on July 13th. Ready To Die is considered a hip-hop classic and has sold over 4 million copies. Bad Boy Records makes this announcement as the staff pauses to remember the late Brooklyn rapper on what would have been his 32nd birthday on May 21. The remastered CD is being released as a gift from B.I.G. to his fans and also as a special thank you from Sean "P. Diddy" Combs to Ms. Voletta Wallace.

The digitally re-mastered Ready To Die has a crisper and clearer sound compared to the original CD. The CD/DVD features Notorious B.I.G. classics such as "Unbelievable" and "The What" (featuring Method Man) and music videos including "Juicy," "One More Chance," "Big Poppa" and the long cinematic version of "Warning." The DVD also includes a never before seen live outdoor performance of "Unbelievable" at Outkast's Atlanta barbecue. The CD contains previously unreleased tracks including "Dreams" and "Who Shot Ya?" Until now fans haven't been able to purchase these songs commercially.

The Notorious B.I.G. was the first rapper signed to Sean "P. Diddy" Combs' Bad Boy Entertainment label in 1993. After guesting on Mary J. Blige's "Real Love" remix and Supercat's "Dolly My Baby," remix, B.I.G. released his hip-hop classic Ready To Die and took the hip-hop world by storm. The CD produced Top 10 hits including "Juicy," "One More Chance," and "Big Poppa" which was voted Billboard's Single of the year.

Read entire story here.

'The first time I heard his voice, I knew he was the greatest rapper to ever live.'

That might be overselling the product, but he was talented. I never knew the guy was that young.